Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5 yr old Brittany sheds tons ,brushing , food change , Dyna -vite , worked on some other issues , but no help with shedding. Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Im no expert but i dont think there is much you can do about shedding. Probably only thing you can do is get some good cleaning supplies. I would also make sure the dog is healthy if he or her is shedding excessively.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
My lab is shedding a ton right now too. Labs always shed, but there are times of the year where they molt and it just keeps coming and coming. It happens a ton after they dry off from being wet. Unless you're seeing bald spots, I don't think there's anything wrong with your dog.

Your dog is 5. Has it always shed like this, or is this a new thing?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My lab is shedding a ton right now too. Labs always shed, but there are times of the year where they molt and it just keeps coming and coming. It happens a ton after they dry off from being wet. Unless you're seeing bald spots, I don't think there's anything wrong with your dog.

Your dog is 5. Has it always shed like this, or is this a new thing?

·
Registered
109 Posts
5 yr old Brittany sheds tons ,brushing , food change , Dyna -vite , worked on some other issues , but no help with shedding. Any suggestions ?
Welcome to having a Britt! If your dog will tolerate brushing a Furminator will take a ton of fur off. I just live with the fact there will be white fur on anything either of mine come in contact with.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My britt sheds like crazy also. We started having him trimmed up short by the groomer until this year I bought my own clippers. It really seems to help with the shedding and less time picking burrs. It could be that now the hairs are just shorter and not as noticeable. Either way he seems more comfortable when its hot out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts