Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what kind of duck this is? I was watching it dive down river before it flew in front of my blind. I searched the Internet with no luck. It has a white belly, black back and a brown head.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Anyone know what kind of duck this is? I was watching it dive down river before it flew in front of my blind. I searched the Internet with no luck. It has a white belly, black back and a brown head.

Looks like a hen goldeneye to me

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
732 Posts

Were you hunting in Livingston county this morning?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
13,901 Posts

Yep...goldeneye. Very common in these parts. Word of advice to you...get yourself one of these and keep it in your bag when out hunting. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Waterfowl-Identification-The-LeMaster-Method/dp/0811729826"]Waterfowl Identification: The LeMaster Method: Richard LeMaster: 9780811729826: Amazon.com: [email protected]@[email protected]@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/[email protected]@[email protected]@41n2apg3-SL[/ame]

It may save you getting an expensive ticket that you don't want to get. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all helpful information!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I'm not falling for this one again . . . ha ha

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I try to learn lessons when I can but I like the 'cat food' reference.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts