Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to food plots... And my grandpa and I are wanting to put some in this year.... What do you guys recommend to plant and about what time of the year ?

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Codye23 said:
I am new to food plots... And my grandpa and I are wanting to put some in this year.... What do you guys recommend to plant and about what time of the year ?
Welcome to the site. Try the search engine on the site to get all the info. you are looking for.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Where at, what type of soil, and what are you trying to achieve? 1st year plot start out easy. If you want something in this spring put in some buckwheat after any hint of frost. Disk that in late August through Sept. and plant cereal grains. Lime and fertilize for what you really want in the future and it'll be ready in a year or two.

·
Registered
707 Posts
;) ;) Hi

Before planting a food plot, always make sure the plot will receive adequate sunlight. Lack of sunlight can hurt the success of a food plot.

Using the right fertilizer on different food plots is very important because some plants may produce vitamins and minerals which is useful for humans.

Here I find a mineral nutrition product which survives the same that I already tried and feel the difference. Hope it may happen to you even.

Thanks..;)
:dizzy::lol: who let the hippi in?

·
Registered
35,620 Posts
Welcome to the site RosannaBuz.

Your advice is helpful but the original post is over 3 years old; I think Codye23 may have found the answer he/she was looking for. :yikes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts