Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interested in trying Coyotes this winter, live in St. Clair County, but willing to drive a couple hours. Anybody interested in letting me tag along?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I hunt the area you live in, and was there this past weekend giving it a try. I am master at hunting coyotes but I do know of a few good spots where I have seen them in past deer hunts. I am still a beginner . But maybe we can learn the ropes as a team so to speak. I have all the euipment except electronic caller.

give me a shout when you are ready

bryan

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hey guys,,,, just a few pointers....Be quiet when walking in, (and out if you want to go back to that spot) Get a signal down before you set up...lip sqeak or something that each of you know, that means game sighted. I'm not much for the spray descenting stuff, but I do wash all my hunting clothes in descenting and non-UV brightners and then hang it outside to further descent, and only put on when reaching the hunting area, and off again before getting back into the vehicle. Something else I do, is carry a little spray bottle with fox pee deluted to about 1 part fox pee and 5 parts water and spay a mist into the air as I'm going in, when I sit down and about 1 once every minute thru out the setup. (this is usually during windy days and in thick cover.) As far as your setup....pick higher ground if you can, but it has to be in an area, where, the yotes are comfortable coming in. Sit in a shadow of something.. (unless you have all winter camo, and your gun too) Lastly,,,I call for 2-3 minutes for my first session, but softly for the first minute, then increase for the rest of the time....OK, well my son is grabbing me and asking for my attention. ok well I'm back for a minute...I was just going to say, the best thing you can do it just go have fun....the coyotes will teach you what your doing wrong, and if you get one, you'll have taught them what they did wrong!

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts