Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read other links on here but am still not sure. I have a 17 ft painted aluminum white boat hull that has a moderate brownish/green water line on it. I want to clean it off and then wax the hull to get it looking good again. I have seen reference to Simple Green on here or CLR toilet cleaner. My question is...which is better and with Simple Green which one of their products do you use...the aluminum siding cleaner with a power washer or something else. Thank you in advance for your help.

JS

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I've always used Simple green on My White Pro-v. Just spray on and wipe off with a old piece off towel and HOT water. Skeeter from this site sells some of the best boat cleaning stuff going too - Larson Sales - shoot Him a PM.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Can anyone say which type of Simple Green works best for my situation? Aluminum siding cleaner or other? Thank you all in advance.

JS

·
Registered
492 Posts
When I had my aluminum I just used the regular Simple Green Cleaner. Worked great. I just sprayed it on, used a car wash brush to wipe away the scum line, and hosed it off.

·
Registered
317 Posts
WashWaxAll...the red bottle...I use it on my aircraft and it takes off the black marks and waxes at the same time...great stuff!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts