Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about a piece of property I have been semi-interested in the past few years, my question is a couple weeks ago spray paint markings showed up on the roadway in front of the property.

There are 2 markings that are roughly 30yrds north of the north property line and 30 yrds south of the south property line, they are orange spray paint arrows/triangles with an X at the back with the numbers 1002 at the south line and 1003 at the north line. There is no phone, cable, gas, or water lines in the area and the nearest electric is 1/8 mile south.

Any idea what the markings are? Bank survey? Logging survey? Bringing electric farther north?

I am trying to contact the owner, which is easier said than done.

Thanks for any help,
Ryan

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Aerial Photo reference points? Just a guess.

J-

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well nevermind...I got a hold of the landowner and he wont sell.:(:( He said he enjoys the property too much, yeah right. I dont get it, i'm in that area all the time and because of the grass in the driveway can tell when someones been there and the last time was two and half years ago and maybe 3 times total in last ten years.

I know its his property, I just hate seeing land or cabins totally unused. My wifes grandparents have a beautiful cabin on lake up north and they go up in the spring to open it and the fall to close it. Its drives me nuts.

Ok I'm done ranting.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Those are stationing marks. +/- 30 yards apart = 100 feet. 100 ft increments are standard measurements in road/utility/etc survey work which is transfered to construction type plans.
More than likely they were put down by a surveyor working for the local road commission. Sounds like road improvements in the future for that area

1 - 6 of 6 Posts