Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping to take my father-in-law out fishing for the first time this Saturday. Neither one of us has ever fished Lake Erie before. He has a boat in Luna Pier and I am looking to stay close. I am not equipped for trolling, so I was hoping to get some info as to how/where to jig for walleyes. Any information about set up/technique or a general area to try would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
I was just out yesterday and did fairly descent considering the choco milk water. We are still using chartruse blade baits. These have been great for us(thanks to real naughty) for the past month. We caught 10 last night in about 2.5 hours just south of the Toledo Light House in Ohio waters. WE had lots of hits but the fish were not hitting hard. Maybee they could'nt see the blade very well. There were also a lot of fisherman North of turtle island (in front of luna peir) at the dumping grounds last night and they were catching a few but not too hot there. A couple of guys I talked to caught their limit but were out all day. We had our best luck in about 13 fow. Good luck and watch out for the Luna Pier police. They will ticket you driving through town any chance they get for speeding.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Use a chartreuse or gold blade worm harness. 1/2 a nite crawler. 2 oz bottom bouncer. If the wind is strong enough for a decent drift-then drift. Otherwise SLOW troll. You will catch all you want.

Jim

·
Registered
289 Posts
B-Bay Walleye King said:
I was just out yesterday and did fairly descent considering the choco milk water. We are still using chartruse blade baits. These have been great for us(thanks to real naughty) for the past month. We caught 10 last night in about 2.5 hours just south of the Toledo Light House in Ohio waters. WE had lots of hits but the fish were not hitting hard. Maybee they could'nt see the blade very well. There were also a lot of fisherman North of turtle island (in front of luna peir) at the dumping grounds last night and they were catching a few but not too hot there. A couple of guys I talked to caught their limit but were out all day. We had our best luck in about 13 fow. Good luck and watch out for the Luna Pier police. They will ticket you driving through town any chance they get for speeding.
I can second, the watch the police. Got a 30 in a 25 once! :yikes: Yeah, like everywhere else 5 over is no big deal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts