Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help. Trying to plan a vacation for my bro and I. Wanna spend a week this June camping on a good fishing lake, without being crowded. The less people we see that week, the better. Would like to camp on state land somewhere, but a secluded campground that's not used much would be fine too. As long as it's on the lake. Wanna be able to just get up in the morning and hop in the boat. Wanna fish for Bass, Walleye, Pike and maybe Catfish. Cannot sacrifice seclusion- wanna see as few people as possible, and still be able to fish on a decent lake. Cabin suggestions are alright, but we're working with a tight budget. Please help! Have no idea where to look.

·
Super Moderator
37,742 Posts
Check out Boundary Waters Wilderness in northeast Minnesota.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do that. Any ideas within Michigan though? Upper or lower doesn't matter, but would rather stay within the state.

·
Super Moderator
20,287 Posts
Hey try the AuSable river below M65 on the north side of the river. There's a road in there below the boat launch. We used to camp in there. There's a few poeple there on weekends, but through the week it's pretty quiet. You can pull your boat up at your camp. We caught numerous perch in the 15inch class. Pike and smallmouth are abundant. I believe it's the 5 Channels Impoundment. I haven't fished it in about 4 years now, but I'm sure it hasn't changed.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Try Fletchers Floodwaters during the week in June.
Stay at Heinnes Landing with tent or camper.
Good Fishin'

G

·
backwaters of tippy dam!! there are 2 islands that have approved camp sites on them. hows that for seclusion (your own island)? there is some great fishing out there also.

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
Try Way Dam Resevoir in the U.P. no catfish but you can leave boat in water and just go.Its owned by the Wi. power company.There camp grounds at differernt area.I haven't been up there for 5 years but fished walleye there with family for over 20 years.

------------------

1 - 8 of 8 Posts