Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of basette hounds, and was hoping for a litter of pups. The male will sniff and lick her but will not try and mount her. She is ready and will stand for him but he don't have a clue. We even put him up on her back and he just looked at us like we were nuts. He is just over a year old and this is her second heat. Any suggestions. The wife is gong to school to be an RN so I told her maybe she should help them because of her training, don't ask what she said cuz I can't post it here.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Ruger 1 had a thread about nice wood that got hijacked in 5 posts, I'm giving this one about...2...:lol:.... Depends on who is taking their meds...Scott

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
From my understanding you need to turn off football or college basketball if any love making is going to occur on that particular night

Talk to you vet and knock her up yourself?

·
Registered
552 Posts
The male seems to be pretty young to already start breeding him don't you think?????

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Llewellin said:
The male seems to be pretty young to already start breeding him don't you think?????
Llewellin
Beginning to think so, will have to wait untill her next heat. To the rest of ya, sorry I asked.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Llewellin said:
maybee pup just needs a hand to get started?:yikes:

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
he's only a year old. he's not ready. give 18 to 24 months before you try to breed. thats why most women won't marry a 13 year old... they don't know what their doing yet. ,,,, ok so my wife feels i still don't know.... dang it.
huntingfool43 said:
I have a pair of basette hounds, and was hoping for a litter of pups. The male will sniff and lick her but will not try and mount her. She is ready and will stand for him but he don't have a clue. We even put him up on her back and he just looked at us like we were nuts. He is just over a year old and this is her second heat. Any suggestions. The wife is gong to school to be an RN so I told her maybe she should help them because of her training, don't ask what she said cuz I can't post it here.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I WOULDNT be able to do it with a video camera on me :evil:

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
PahtridgeHunter said:
You need three things:

-Scented candles
-Barry White
-A nice bottle of shiraz, perhaps a '00?
I think to make it a garuntee you might just want to get some margarita mix!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wait until next time when he is a little older. My male Brittany did the same thing at his age, then second time he had no problem it was the only on his mind for two weeks, it frist time he ever skipped a meal.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts