Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There is a beautiful 3 year old spayed female Chessie at the Genesee County Animal Shelter that needs rescuing. I was up there with yesterday and played with her for about an hour. The owner had to surrender her because of divorce and couldn't take her with him.

She loves people and she really LOVES to retrieve. While I was playing with her, there was a snow-blower backfiring out in the parking lot and she never even flinched, so she's not gun shy. Also, there were a ton of geese flying over the shelter when I had her outside and when she heard them honking it got her attention immediately and she watched them fly over.

From what I saw, when playing with her, I think she has hunted waterfowl in the past. She will retrieve right to my hand and won't let go until I tell her too.

I'd take her in a heartbeat but I'm already at maximum dog capacity in my house.

Let's find this girl a home ASAP!!!!

link to Genesee County Animal Shelter

·
Registered
9,081 Posts
Wow good find. If I was in a position to take her I would. But I won't for at least a month or so

·
Registered
11,638 Posts
rescued mine at 2yrs old. best dog i've ever had. someone needs to go pick her up and give her a home. :)

this is my rescue machine. rescue dogs can and do make great hunters.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I just posted this in the Michigan Chesapeake bay retriever club facebook page.I hope this helps..Had this been in August , I'd already been on my way down there.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Premium Member
12,285 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
There is a beautiful 3 year old spayed female Chessie at the Genesee County Animal Shelter that needs rescuing. I was up there with yesterday and played with her for about an hour. The owner had to surrender her because of divorce and couldn't take her with him.

She loves people and she really LOVES to retrieve. While I was playing with her, there was a snow-blower backfiring out in the parking lot and she never even flinched, so she's not gun shy. Also, there were a ton of geese flying over the shelter when I had her outside and when she heard them honking it got her attention immediately and she watched them fly over.

From what I saw, when playing with her, I think she has hunted waterfowl in the past. She will retrieve right to my hand and won't let go until I tell her too.

I'd take her in a heartbeat but I'm already at maximum dog capacity in my house.

Let's find this girl a home ASAP!!!!

link to Genesee County Animal Shelter
if i went through a divorce ... i think i would of tried to find a home for the dog ,before taking her to the shelter! :sad:

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
if i went through a divorce ... i think i would of tried to find a home for the dog ,before taking her to the shelter! :sad:
I'm sure the guy tried...they said he was in tears when he surrendered her.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I have been through a divorce and have had to go through what he did. It's not easy to find a home for an adult dog. I posted my 2 labs here and was fortune enough to find a great home for them.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
I have been through a divorce and have had to go through what he did. It's not easy to find a home for an adult dog. I posted my 2 labs here and was fortune enough to find a great home for them.

I went through one and would have lived in my truck before giving up my dog, but that's me. I found plenty of places that were pet friendly. When there's a will there's a way..Hopefully this dog finds a good home, any dog thats obedient and loving deserves a good home.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I went through one and would have lived in my truck before giving up my dog, but that's me. I found plenty of places that were pet friendly. When there's a will there's a way..Hopefully this dog finds a good home, any dog thats obedient and loving deserves a good home.
Did you have custody of 2 kids? Well I do, so living in my truck wasn't an options. A roof over my kids and I came first. Kids will always come first!!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts