1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Michimaniac
4,542 Posts
Re-posting this here as well as the original thread..........

Talked to Brad last night (2am our time, 10pm his time), and had a good conversation with him. Work has been sparse to nonexistent for him, and last trapping season was pretty much a bust. Trapping will start on September 25 for him this year.

He's spent most of the summer building a log cabin for his girlfriend. He said he'd have it completed in a week.

We discussed what he needed for a computer, and came up with something within our budget. This is what I ordered: Refurbished HP Silver 14" EliteBook 8460P Laptop PC with Intel Core i5 Processor, 4GB Memory, 500GB Hard Drive and Windows 7 Professional (up-gradable to Windows (10).

For some reason WalMart will not ship it to Alaska, so I had it sent to my home, and will reship it to him.

Computer has a (unheard of for a refurb) 1 year parts and labor warranty.

If no more donations come in, I'll cover the difference.

Oh, ya, Brad said it was 24 degrees and snowing! He promised to provide us with pictures and stories from the great white north as well. He was also very grateful, and said thank you to everyone.

Steve

Reactions: Fur-minator

·
Michimaniac
4,542 Posts
Brads computer is on its way.....................he should have it by Monday.

Thank you all.

Steve

·
Michimaniac
4,542 Posts
Brad picked up his computer on 9-14-2015, and was in the process of unpacking it when I talked to him last night. He hopes to get it up and running by tonight.

Thank you to everyone who helped this happen.

Steve

·
Michimaniac
4,542 Posts
Any update? Haven't seen anything since your 9/15 post hitechman.

Thanks

Marc
Haven't heard a thing from Brad or anyone else. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Talked to Brad today. He is fine but his wireless internet provider is not. He is working with the provider and hopes to be able to get on line soon.

He wanted me to say Hi to all his M-S friends.

Best Regards,

Dave

·
Michimaniac
4,542 Posts
Talked to Brad today. He is fine but his wireless internet provider is not. He is working with the provider and hopes to be able to get on line soon.

He wanted me to say Hi to all his M-S friends.

Best Regards,

Dave
Thank you very much Dave for the update--much appreciated. I'm glad he is OK. Glad the problem is with the provider, and not his health or the computer.

Steve

·
Michimaniac
4,542 Posts
Any word on Brad?
Nothing since the first of November............still assuming it's an internet provider problem, and I have no idea what his options are in the wilds of Alaska.

Hopefully he's trapping with some success and taking some pictures. He can fill us in when he gets access.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I hope he's ok. Has anyone heard from him in the last 3 month?
Marc
Yes, I did talk to Brad a couple weeks ago and he is doing fine. He is still have problems getting connected to the internet. Not doing much trapping, but he did get some moose meat and is working on building a log cabin for a neighbor.

Hopefully he can get his internet service up and running soon.

Best Regards,

Dave

·
Michimaniac
4,542 Posts
Yes, I did talk to Brad a couple weeks ago and he is doing fine. He is still have problems getting connected to the internet. Not doing much trapping, but he did get some moose meat and is working on building a log cabin for a neighbor.

Hopefully he can get his internet service up and running soon.

Best Regards,

Dave
Thank you Dave for keeping us informed.

Steve

·
Registered
284 Posts
I pretty much haven't paid any attention to the Michigan sportsman forums for the past couple years due to work schedule and whatnot....Just curious if this thread from Alaska has hit an end or if everything is ok. Hopefully all is well. It was really cool to read through the Alaska thread and only wish I could be out in that environment.

·
Registered
12,746 Posts
I pretty much haven't paid any attention to the Michigan sportsman forums for the past couple years due to work schedule and whatnot....Just curious if this thread from Alaska has hit an end or if everything is ok. Hopefully all is well. It was really cool to read through the Alaska thread and only wish I could be out in that environment.
Yep, that was the best thread on the whole site. Wish it was still going. Hope all is well with Brad.

Reactions: Scout 2 and deLabé

·
Michimaniac
4,542 Posts
Yep, that was the best thread on the whole site. Wish it was still going. Hope all is well with Brad.
I've sent David G Duncan 2 PM's in the last 8 months, and have not received a reply. It appears that he is also a rare visitor to MS anymore. I sent him another one tonight.

Steve

Reactions: HUBBHUNTER
1 - 20 of 20 Posts