Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knew this would happen,, since I just said I've never seen any border patrol in 25 yrs. on Lk. Erie,,:lol: Anyway,,, they were out in full force patroling the borders and watching boats like "hawks" at the HITW. If you've got nothing to hide,, just go straight through the hole,,, don't try dodging 'em by cutting through the channels they were all over people doing that.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
So, how'd you do, i saw your pic in the photo gallery, where those caught at the HITW, or the c-dyke?? we are about to go out, might go for perch or eyes, haven't decided yet. I know this is a horrible wind for the dyke though.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
William H Bonney said:
I knew this would happen,, since I just said I've never seen any border patrol in 25 yrs. on Lk. Erie,,:lol: Anyway,,, they were out in full force patroling the borders and watching boats like "hawks" at the HITW. If you've got nothing to hide,, just go straight through the hole,,, don't try dodging 'em by cutting through the channels they were all over people doing that.
William,It was only a matter of time. I tried to tell you the old days of crossing the boarder are long gone. Was there a group patrol with a CO aboard or was it just boarder patrol?

·
Registered
20,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SabikiRig said:
William,It was only a matter of time. I tried to tell you the old days of crossing the boarder are long gone. Was there a group patrol with a CO aboard or was it just boarder patrol?
Umm,, I'm not sure about the CO's. The boats said "US Border Patrol" in blue letters,, odd looking boats too, almost looked like 20ft. "tug boats". I was just motoring straight through and they turned and started toward me,, they actually came real close,,, no wave "hi", no head nod,, nothin'. I thought they mighta seen me dump my minnows and might have a problem with that. I was a little nervous at first,, but then I really didn't have anything to worry about, all I had were a couple perch that were "mostly dead".

·
Registered
602 Posts
Yes I seen then at the hole in the wall as well, the sat just south of the hole in the old ski area. real ugly boats sure will be hard for them to be stelthy, sabki and my self ran in to them at the dock leaving and they did'nt seem real friendly at first, then he loosened up and gave me there phone # if I were to see anything unusual BP # 800-537-3220 he said they heard a report on a green boat carrying illegals and we looked down and said well this boat is brown :lol:

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
we ran into them as well ..nice fellas we took one of their cards....figure it couldn't hurt..geez poaching lines, tip lines criminal lines..got phone numbers for everythinng!...lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts