Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
I am heading up for a weekend hunt next weekend in the Mount Pleasant, Remus area and was just curious how the hunting has been this season. i scouted a couple of times in early August but due to being 3 hour drive just kind of winging it a bit, the property we are heading to is just a hay field that was cut end of last week but hoping to get into a few at least....
Just looking to see how the population has been looking in the area this year:)

·
Registered
518 Posts
From the repaorts I got(guy at work owns about 200 acres) the geese were as thick as ever, 200-500 uning his feild regualarly, but as soon as opening day hit, one single goose. Not sure if it was the heat, or what but something changed. They are defintly up there, it is just a matter of getting into the right felids. Good Luck!!!!

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
was up there this weekend, we got a hot field. Over a hundred and fifty geese in it. Hunted yesturday morning, had 6 down in the first two waves to come into our spread and then all the other geese came in and were all over the field, had a few other shots that did not work out, but 6 for our "opening day" was well enough for the two of us.

It was nice to finally get permission and then we had two fields in the same night to be able to hunt!! Hopefully next weekend produces much of the same

1 - 5 of 5 Posts