Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Hope for good weather. I don't have to tell you that anything out of the north will pretty much ruin your day. Stop into Tackle Haven and say hi to Phil. Great store and pretty much anything you can think of. That's all I've got, Wally. Hope you have a great time!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
there's a tournament in St. Joe next weekend so expect a lot of boat traffic and guys to have tight lips

Like others said, no real secrets. Could be fish in the mudline of the river in 30-50 feet, or they could be out in 150+ feet in the clear cold blue water. Not a lot of structure to hold the fish so if you find a pocket of fish it's worth circling on them once or twice before moving on

·
Registered
194 Posts
Looking at the posts: nothing current from the Joe....kings in Muskegon...

just sayin’ if you had a choice...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Looking at the posts: nothing current from the Joe....kings in Muskegon...

just sayin’ if you had a choice...
Muskegon post is from yours truly. I think we just got lucky in muskegon last weekend with a small pod of fish. 10:30-2pm, 5 hookups. Then the bite was done. Going to try again this weekend and see what happens. Lots of mixed bags in St. Joe. Put your chips on black or red right now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
I fished last Saturday out of St. Joe and we had pretty good action. Landed 4 nice kings and lost a couple others. Also landed 7 lakers and a couple coho. South of port, 50 to 70' on spoons was what we had action on. Given the choice, I'd definitely stay south.

·
Premium Member
12,860 Posts
Nice king and coho!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
16 Posts
Fished out of St. Joe yesterday. Ran out to 90 fow and started trolling out. Made it out to 160 and turned around. Trolled back to 80. 6 bites total, 5 landed...3 coho, 1 steelhead and 1 laker. All bites were between 115 and 145 fow. water temp was 42 degrees on surface, all bites (except laker) were top 35 feet....mostly spoons, but one was on a thin fin on the surface. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
We lost a big king Monday on a flat line and mag lip 50 back, when the board slid down the 12 lb line. Didn’t help when the fish was playing on the surface and decided to go deep with the board. Game over

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
It’s all about finding pods of fish this time of year down there. Might be the river plume, might be that 70 ft area and might be 130ft, find a pod, stay on them and pray you are the only boat working them. And frankly I don’t know **** to some of those tournament fishermen. Total respect to the guys that have the intel and the network to get it

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I cut two kings, three coho, and nine lakers last weekend. Everyone had a empty stomach. Take it for what it is worth

Reactions: wallyg
1 - 20 of 29 Posts