Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Heading out at noon.....good idea or bad?

4443 Views 31 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  lostontheice
Driving up from an hour away. I put half a bag of salt in the truck. Am I crazy with the cold and mostly the Wind??
1 - 21 of 32 Posts
ITS SNOWING HERE B.C. WEATHERMAN SAYING WE COULD GET 2 TO 4 INCHES TDAY ,MIGHT BE CRAPPY AND WET DAY TO FISH !IMO
Its a beautiful day to not be at work so heck ya go fishing! Good luck. Find spots out of the wind if you have to.
Definitely go!!!
Drive safe and dress extra warm!
As said...try and stay out of the wind....easily an inch of WET snow with ALOT more coming.
But if today is your only day....give it a go!
Based on where you launch from, could be worth it, but it sure beats working!
Alright then, I have a pretty flexible schedule but my buddy doesn't so we picked today. I have been out in some crappy weather just didn't know if the snow would make launching possible/dangerous. I'll be careful and report back.
Thanks
Reactions: bellkey
a buddy heater is priceless on days like this..
If you enjoy fishing the river, then good idea....if you leave wet, cold, fishless, and grumpy, bad idea..:lol:
If your truck starts to slide down the launch don't freak out...it will stop when your tires hit the water lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
If you don't keep it straight, the dock will stop you when the boat hits it and jackknives also! :lol: Or, a few years ago, you could end up like this guy!
Atmosphere Automotive lighting Hood Car Vehicle
If your truck starts to slide down the launch don't freak out...it will stop when your tires hit the water lol.

Haven't seen that trick yet lmao

Reactions: Greenkingsalmon
Would it be unsportsman like to cast into his headlights..:lol:
Haven't seen that trick yet lmao

He forgot to shut his lights off when launching his boat. Instant karma
Sounds like you are riding the fence Ralph!:evilsmile:lol::lol:
If you enjoy fishing the river, then good idea....if you leave wet, cold, fishless, and grumpy, bad idea..:lol:
was he singing "like a good neighbor,state farm is there?".. ive seen stuff like this river fishing in the early spring,but its normally the guy that has to try to launch first,and on the gas in reverse..
If you don't keep it straight, the dock will stop you when the boat hits it and jackknives also! :lol: Or, a few years ago, you could end up like this guy! View attachment 301337
Reactions: jiggin is livin
I actually saw a guy up at the old launch in Wickes Park. Was driving through the park just looking for anything out of the ordinary. Observed subject sitting on the hood of his pick up hollering "help me" and then saying "I seem to have lost the roadway". He was actually pretty lucky as that drops off pretty quick in there. Wrecker driver was not impressed and neither was the driver when he found himself sobering up in the old "crossbar hotel" until the morning.:help::help::irked::irked:
If you don't keep it straight, the dock will stop you when the boat hits it and jackknives also! :lol: Or, a few years ago, you could end up like this guy! View attachment 301337
Reactions: Ralph Smith
said the guy who watches his rods from the drivers seat of the truck..
might want to put a bag of cat litter in the truck also..salt takes to long to work.. jmo
Driving up from an hour away. I put half a bag of salt in the truck. Am I crazy with the cold and mostly the Wind??
Not me, I don't have a truck..:lol:
said the guy who watches his rods from the drivers seat of the truck..
truck,car,mopad.
Not me, I don't have a truck..:lol:
Van..:lol:...I don't sit in a vehicle and watch poles, I'm usually on a boat cushion on top a bucket.
truck,car,mopad.
really,i figured you for one of those scooter guys.. just saying..
Van..:lol:...I don't sit in a vehicle and watch poles, I'm usually on a boat cushion on top a bucket.
Reactions: rfcpgp
1 - 21 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.