Registered
3,958 Posts
.......... and history repeats itself.

Reactions: 6Speed

·
Premium Member
14,858 Posts
.......... and history repeats itself.

You got that right. It sure seems to be on a regular schedule dosent it?
Like you can set the time in history by when the coaches get fired.
I’m guessing next coach is toast come end of 2024 season.

wash rinse repeat.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
You got that right. It sure seems to be on a regular schedule dosent it?
Like you can set the time in history by when the coaches get fired.
I’m guessing next coach is toast come end of 2024 season.

wash rinse repeat.
My grandson looked it up. Since the day's of Buddy Parker to the present, the Detroit Lions have had 18 head coaches. the Pittsburgh Steelers...........3. That alone has to have some sort of meaning.

·
Premium Member
14,858 Posts
^^^ That’s freaking amazing. Just amazing. But befitting of the cluster freak that is da loins.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
My grandson looked it up. Since the day's of Buddy Parker to the present, the Detroit Lions have had 18 head coaches. the Pittsburgh Steelers...........3. That alone has to have some sort of meaning.
And none of our head coaches went on to be a head coach again.

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
In essence the Lions have changed ownership several times in the last decade. You had dad, son, mother and now daughter.

I think Sheila might be different? Most of the previous would of let the year grind out. Then look for a coach. At that time it could be a rush pick. Now they can watch the coaches still playing and see their performance live. I think Rod Wood Needs to go too.

I am a Stafford fan but, I am ready to deal him too.

I know they have not gave us much hope based on past performance but, lets not start being negative about the new hire until he proves his worth or stink. I know the players feel the negativity around Detroit.

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Bye bye Stafford(kneeler).... Pink slip his azz... He Gone.. Chicken scratch on paper is not worth putting him in for any more starts. 3rd string QB You'd be surprised how much effort the under rated/overlooked put into it.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Stafford is a good quarterback but not the long term solution anymore. Will be 33 in February and has taken a beating during his career. He's tough as they come but eventually he'll break down and is already past his prime.

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Stafford is a good quarterback but not the long term solution anymore. Will be 33 in February and has taken a beating during his career. He's tough as they come but eventually he'll break down and is already past his prime.
All have our own Opinions. Decent QB will be his best achieved award. Tough as they come??? Oh boy not even close. He has not Won games for the Lions(Fact) which like it or not puts him the Losers bracket. Whatever the stats say it still shows a 0-16 team everytime the name is said. QB and or Captain run so called teams. Stafford ran nothing. Maybe high school star. Friday night lights are over...Time for Stafford to run home....

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I agree, it's time for a change of scenery for Stafford and the Lions fans. Draft a QB, bring in Ryan Fitzpatrick to hold down the fort til he's ready.

·
Registered
932 Posts
All have our own Opinions. Decent QB will be his best achieved award. Tough as they come??? Oh boy not even close. He has not Won games for the Lions(Fact) which like it or not puts him the Losers bracket. Whatever the stats say it still shows a 0-16 team everytime the name is said. QB and or Captain run so called teams. Stafford ran nothing. Maybe high school star. Friday night lights are over...Time for Stafford to run home....
Aren't you being a little hard on the boy? Lol I mean he hasn't come back from a brutal injury like Alex Smith, but he's still has played through some tough injuries.

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Aren't you being a little hard on the boy? Lol I mean he hasn't come back from a brutal injury like Alex Smith, but he's still has played through some tough injuries.
Not really. My opinion is just a opinion. His fan base and bank account shows some think the "boy" is all that. He choose to be the star QB suck it up, get up, do better or sit down. Not kneel.....

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
In essence the Lions have changed ownership several times in the last decade. You had dad, son, mother and now daughter.

I think Sheila might be different? Most of the previous would of let the year grind out. Then look for a coach. At that time it could be a rush pick. Now they can watch the coaches still playing and see their performance live. I think Rod Wood Needs to go too.

I am a Stafford fan but, I am ready to deal him too.

I know they have not gave us much hope based on past performance but, lets not start being negative about the new hire until he proves his worth or stink. I know the players feel the negativity around Detroit.
There you go, being all logical and stuff....

·
Premium Member
10,614 Posts
Elite contract, elite arm, elite wife. Good guy, good QB, good guy in the community. Poor pocket presence, poor touch on 3rd down, poor at avoiding pressure.

Just seems hard to swallow that we paid him all that money and he never really inspired. Give him a great O line and he'll shine. Short of that and it's just gonna be stats.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Stafford made a career with the Lions. Nothing to show for it except a fat wallet. His grand kids will thank him one day.
Meanwhile, he still thinks he's a contender for "Rookie of the year".:lol:
His time in Detroit should have ended a long time ago, when he still had enough in him to be successful with a different team.
With the change in management, its the right time to make a QB change too.
Nothing to lose.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Stafford made a career with the Lions. Nothing to show for it except a fat wallet. His grand kids will thank him one day.
Meanwhile, he still thinks he's a contender for "Rookie of the year".:lol:
His time in Detroit should have ended a long time ago, when he still had enough in him to be successful with a different team.
With the change in management, its the right time to make a QB change too.
Nothing to lose.
Next year when Stafford is the Bear’s QB he will really get to pad his stats while playing against the Lions twice.

·
Registered
11,228 Posts
Just last year i was reading that he was one of the healthiest QB's of his era. His only major injury was his first season until last year. He has had some bruises and broken fingers but that is every QB in the league.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Just last year i was reading that he was one of the healthiest QB's of his era. His only major injury was his first season until last year. He has had some bruises and broken fingers but that is every QB in the league.
But he did get his feelings hurt on several occasions.
No worries though... he'll get a participation trophy.

Reactions: Bay BornNRaised
81 - 100 of 123 Posts