Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got real lucky today. Talked to a wise sage who gave me a clue about mystical Korean fish finder.
He say, " big fish yesterday over there." Took a walk over to his area from the day before.
Drilled one hole and it was game on. Lots of dinks to contend with and nothing over 10 inches , but i had 100 fish in 4 hours. Kept about 15 and let the rest grow up.
Screen was full of fish like it shows.
Farmed the biggest 3 because i was too lazy and chilled to kick them away from the hole.
Caught most on a brass diamond willow with a chartreuse bead. The rest came on a #2 jigging rap in blue/silver and a bunch came on a Mc gathy's (sp) silver with a red bead.
Cloud Sky White Light Black

· Registered
1,835 Posts
Had my first day like this yesterday. I have no fancy flasher or sonar, so i drill, check for action, and move along until i find the best hole and set up shop there. Well i drilled one hole and it was getting toyed with a bunch. Drilled 4 more and no where near as much, so went back to the first and put the shanty up. Once i could see down a little though, game on. Kept 19 yesterday in 3 hours. Gotta love being the only one out there!

· Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DT junior , who hasn't ice fished in years, went out with a buddy on Thursday.
I gave them my coordinates and they got about 40 with 10-12 skinny keepers.
Popped one hole each in the shanty and stayed in one spot too.
Then he calls me and wants dad to go on Saturday.
Looks like he has the bug.
Nice having him living closer to home again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.