Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I have some reservations. They didn't mention anything about health clearances. The sire and dam should have had the hips and elbows xrayed for OFA, E.I.C. check, CNM checked, and eye's CERF'd. I know two guys that breed labs, both do these checks and I'm pretty sure one of them sells pups for the same price.

This kennel might do the health checks, but you'll need to ask AND see proof. As in copies with the sire and dam names with ID numbers on the paperwork.

Just some advice. Good luck!

Oh yeah. Are you wanting a hunting dog? If you do see if the sire and/or dam are titled in hunt tests.

·
Registered
737 Posts
If you know the names of the sire and dam you can search them on the OFA Web site.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Gotta go with Socks on this one.

I see nothing about sir and dams health certs on the web page. I would check to see if they have them before I considered bringing home a new family member.

Lots of good pups around for the same price range with parents that have the health checks done.

I have not heard of this breeder and I am basing my opinion on the web page info alone.

My 2 cents,

Remnar

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
The worse thing that can happen to you is getting your new pup. Getting attached to it, working on trainning it and then it's hips go at lets say 1 1/2-2 years old. Now you've got to make the dreaded decision to have it put down or not as it's suffering not being able to get around! It will have the heart and mind of a 2 yo lab with the body of 15 yo lab. Check your breeders referances it will benefit you in the long run. If the dam and sire are not cerfed. don't buy your pup from them.

Smoke

·
Registered
903 Posts
My first impression of looking over their website is: look at other breeders.

Ask questions, get and look over certifications and pedigree before choosing a pup.

Don't bring the kids along or mom on the first looksie. Wait until you are ready to commit then bring the family.

Look here and call some of the breeders and ask questions: http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?31-Classifieds-Lab-Puppies

1 - 6 of 6 Posts