Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone can give me the conditions of the ice in the river or in the bay on the south side of s. river rd.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Fishing4Fun said:
I was wondering if anyone can give me the conditions of the ice in the river or in the bay on the south side of s. river rd.
I was there Saturday the river and bay by candles if forzen and people were fishing

·
Registered
17 Posts
Fished out there yesterday. 4 to 6 inches on the bay in close with 2 to 3 out further. Worked my way to the flagpole, pockets of funcky ice over there but all in all not bad. Water set up just right, a little milky, but nothing but dinks. caught 60 to 70 and never put one in the bucket. Saw one guy working his way out on the river but I would not suggest it yet. That ice CANT be that good. It's one thing to go in over on the bay, that waters only 2 to 3 ft. if you drop in on the river it's by by till they pull you in with the meat hook. Aint no perch worth croak'in over.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info. i'll probably be out there tuesday or wednesday morning since i'm on christmas break from school. :)

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Fishing4Fun said:
thanks for the info. i'll probably be out there Tuesday or wednesday morning since i'm on christmas break from school. :)
Just remember no matter what is posted on this ice forum, the ice is only as good as your spud tells you ;) If you get towards the south end of the bay there is a lot of warm water flowing. Use your spud and every now and then, Use your spud to check the depth. Be safe and good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts