Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one fish the point at end of south river road out from boat launch or the side facing metro beach . Been year since I fish it for cats in spring
Adjustments.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've fished this spot many times way closer over by the old candles lots of pike running over in that section but you definitely have to watch your steps with the goofy ice thickness varying so drastically I have seen guys go threw but it used to always be pretty shallow here

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've fished this spot many times way closer over by the old candles lots of pike running over in that section but you definitely have to watch your steps with the goofy ice thickness varying so drastically I have seen guys go threw but it used to always be pretty shallow here
Gasket guy pike on metro side of point. Love tip up for pike

·
Registered
134 Posts
This spot used to be hot when I was young and the water levels were higher. Curious to see how this year does

·
Registered
911 Posts
You could have 12 inches of ice and a slight warmup or rain and it will be open water from south river point to metro point and then inner candles has short straight canals that connect to the river so there is current through those. Better places to fish if you don't know the area plus not many people out there to pull you out if you do go in.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Don't do it Dave, Not unless you have a death wish. With all the whales out there you will not Last they are like piranhas
Has any one fish the point at end of south river road out from boat launch or the side facing metro beach . Been year since I fish it for cats in spring View attachment 483239

·
Registered
25 Posts
how old are you that you remember higher water levels
Was kinda wondering the same tou had to get a long ways out from land to get any kinda depth likening said I've seen guys go three and pretty much stand right up throw a knee on the ice and crawl right out as long as you're not by and of the moving waters that run threw..I did have two deer walk up to me ice fishing that spot about 15/18 years ago onea the coolest things ever while fishing

1 - 17 of 17 Posts