Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else planing to attend the draw solo @ H.I. tomorrow that would like to group up for a chance to get in the corn? It will be my first time out there.
What is the latest ferry you need to catch? 5am?

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
240 Posts
The ferry service does a pretty good job of getting people to the island for that am draw. I'd suggest getting to the ferry 1/2 before the draw just in case there's a big crowd.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Quack.
Hit the ferry just before 5 am.

The main reason I was hoping to get someone to join me this morning was because I knew if I showed up alone I would get drawn 1st, and then not be able to pick the hot spots. Especially limited because I didn't have my boat with me.

Anyway, was party #5 through the door and was of course 1st pick.

Ended up picking a singles only zone, and the only birds I could get to decoy came before shooting time. With all the birds feeding in the zones on my walk out there, I thought the morning would have been much more productive.

H.I. was nice place. Seems pretty busy, and of course much more friendly to parties of 2 or more w/ watercraft, but still worth the trip out. They will be busy this afternoon w/ the youth hunt.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I've got a sportspal canoe (pretty flat bottom) with a small electric motor. It's good for getting into tight or shallow places, not good for long commutes. Also have a dozen decoys. But I'm not very good.....so I'm not judgmental :)
Have not been to Harsens. PM if interested

1 - 6 of 6 Posts