Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always enjoy reading these while I’m at work so I figure I’ll give it a try.

96 parties this AM (most I’ve ever seen) I was picked 29th. There was still zones 1-4, 5,6, 9,10, 18 on the board and the marsh. I went with marsh zone 31.

jumped quite a few ducks and geese coming out. I’ll keep you updated.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only one shot opportunity so far... miss. Not hearing a whole lot of action right now.

Got 3 guys walking the dike 50yards from me. Not sure if it’s DNR or some lost hunters but they’re not helping.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Was going to leave at 1030, then a solo pintail lands in my zone just outta range. Try and stalk it with this wind... he takes off before I get too close and I look back at my spread to see a group of wood ducks cupping their wings where I had been.

Rains picking up again, I’ll stick around for a bit longer.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Was going to leave at 1030, then a solo pintail lands in my zone just outta range. Try and stalk it with this wind... he takes off before I get too close and I look back at my spread to see a group of wood ducks cupping their wings where I had been.

Rains picking up again, I’ll stick around for a bit longer.
Last time I hunted 31 I had the same thing happen. Ducks kept flying past my decoys and landing in a hole so I moved and then they started landing back where I was.

Great updates, hope you smack the next one.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Thanks for posting your updates I enjoyed reading them other than i skipped the draw with so many people just did not feel like fighting it for a one in four or five chance up here on Sag Bay

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Last time I hunted 31 I had the same thing happen. Ducks kept flying past my decoys and landing in a hole so I moved and then they started landing back where I was.

Great updates, hope you smack the next one.
pretttttty sure that is just how harsens is lol!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts