Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
Looking to fish little muscamoot bay by Harsens this spring for Carp. Any idea when the brutes start to move into the shallows out there? I know bass are off limits but the carp should keep me busy.

This being my first time out there is there any thing I should be aware of? Muck holes, dangerous areas, etc... I'll be wading of course. Also is there any tips you guys might want to share to a carp newbie?

One more question, if there is a slight chop on the water and sight fishing is out of the question is there any chance of hooking one of these things by blind casting? I doubt it but would love to hear different. Thanks for the help!!!!
Steve

·
Super Moderator
38,370 Posts
There usually aren't any good fishable numbers of carp up there untill the water warms up, I usually don't start seeing numbers shallow enough to bother stalking them untill mid May.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
"Stephen" not sure where your from but a great spot for huge carp is Kent Lake in Kensington Metro Park. I've caught quite a few carp over 30" there. Fishing for them is best in May/June, but I've also caught them shortly after ice out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.