Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
Looking to fish little muscamoot bay by Harsens this spring for Carp. Any idea when the brutes start to move into the shallows out there? I know bass are off limits but the carp should keep me busy.

This being my first time out there is there any thing I should be aware of? Muck holes, dangerous areas, etc... I'll be wading of course. Also is there any tips you guys might want to share to a carp newbie?

One more question, if there is a slight chop on the water and sight fishing is out of the question is there any chance of hooking one of these things by blind casting? I doubt it but would love to hear different. Thanks for the help!!!!
Steve

·
Registered
147 Posts
Muscamoot bay is a huge summertime playground and I'm sure the bottom is covered with bottles, glass and other debris.

Make sure you have good boots to protect the soles of your feet.

Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
37,755 Posts
There usually aren't any good fishable numbers of carp up there untill the water warms up, I usually don't start seeing numbers shallow enough to bother stalking them untill mid May.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I appreciate the help. If anyone wants a fishing partner for a carp foray out there in May let me know. Tight lines....

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
"Stephen" not sure where your from but a great spot for huge carp is Kent Lake in Kensington Metro Park. I've caught quite a few carp over 30" there. Fishing for them is best in May/June, but I've also caught them shortly after ice out.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Walleyevision,
I live in Bloomfield so i'm not too far from there. Is that a shore fishing deal or do i need a boat? Is there wading opportunities? Thanks for the help!
Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts