Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fished north of Harrisville Saturday and Sunday morning. We were a good ways north of Sturgeon Point and had lines set by 6:15AM both days. We had a great first light bite on Saturday and lost two and boated four fish by 7:30. Bites were evenly split between an 8" green fishcatcher with glow tape and a green fly and a blue/green OKI flasher with herring strip. We got fish on braided line dipsies set at #3 at both 100 and 150 and fish off the riggers at 60 feet. Most fish were small, with one king going 12 pounds. All our fish came in 70 feet of water on Saturday. We marked tons of fish out in 110, but couldn't get a bite.

Sunday morning was slow. We took a five pound walleye on a flasher with cut bait 60 down over 80 fow right at first light. After that it died and we trolled out to 110 and took two small kings (3 and 5 lbs). One on a mag SS yellowtail on a full core and another on an 11" green/glow fish catcher with a green fly off a dipsy at 150. The nice fish of the day was a 10 pound steelie that took an orange northport nailer off the slider with the mainline set at 55 feet over 105 fow.

We heard great reports both days and should have limited on Saturday if we would have stayed right on top of the hot fish and not lost any. I don't know what the deal was on Sunday, but I didn't see many nets in the water. However, it sounded like some folks on the radio were doing well. The biggest fish I heard of being caught all weekend was a 17 pound king. Anything over 12 pounds is pretty scarce this year in Lake Huron.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts