Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who is going to be out fishing in either one this weekend, I'll be up there gonna try fishing the big water for the first time up there, give me a shout on 68

·
Registered
313 Posts
Flounder,
Did you get out? Where did you fish? I fished Augres Sat. and got a quick limit of walleye and fished Tawas Monday and picked up a Steelhead,a walleye and two Kings.I tried to call you on the radio Monday but no luck....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
we ended up fishing harrisville and oscoda, had one laker on, got it to the boat, missed it with the net and it got off, only tangled up a couple dozen times..., still trying to figure out the whole big water fishing thing, lures, how to tell when you have a fish on when using a dipsey, but i left the boat up there, so will try again in a couple weeks.:help:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Jon,
I took the walleye in 65ft. of water on a slider with the primary down 60ft. I tried for walleye around #2 and marked a few fish in 30 ft. of water but I couldn't get anything to go.That's why I moved out to 65ft. looking for some silver.The walleye was a surprise.Good luck...

·
Registered
880 Posts
lostinthebush21,

When you are setting up you lines try to keep enough separation between you lures. Like 5-10 feet vertical on riggers. Dial your dipsies in so they pull away from the boat a little and down. Braided line makes a big diffence on how they run too.

To tell if a fish hits your dipsy set the clicker on and ease off the drag until it just doesn't "creep" line out once it is in the holder and runing. Even small fish will take some drag and make the clicker go.

PM me if you have some more ? Good luck out there!

·
Registered
880 Posts
white whale,

Do they still have the nets set off of Ausable Pt.? Or didn't you get that far?

Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts