Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to get some friends together for a hardy pond trip, I was thinking about roaming around big Bend. Havnt done it in years, and I belive I've looked around on here and haven't really seen much resguarding croton/hardy. Anyone been out there? Ice Conditions, anything? I have not even soft water fished the pond in a few years, so I would be hard pressed to find much of anything.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I haven't personally fished it, but I have some friends that fish it 4-5 times a week. They report 10-12" of ice, and very slow fishing. They mostly fish for walleye, and they have been having a very slow year.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Thinking about re routing the trip this weekend to some place a little closer. If anyone has any info on big whitefish Lake, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Thanks. Thinking about re routing the trip this weekend to some place a little closer. If anyone has any info on big whitefish Lake, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
I haven't been there yet either , If I don't go to the Bay this weekend , I'm going to give it a try again ...lol... We did great to the North of the Bend , Last year as soon as the ice came of , Was crazy ! Hopefully I have plan , But that place Eats my Lunch ....lol....

·
Premium Member
6,666 Posts
What species ya after? Gills have been hotter on croton!

That is a under statement. The guys should do pretty good with the tourney tomorrow

·
Registered
150 Posts
Isn't the dam to dam tourney this coming weekend?

·
Premium Member
6,666 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks

·
Banned
4,318 Posts
Naifc event was a much better tourney than the last 2 years. Took just under 9 lbs to win, we took 3rd with 7.79lbs. Had 61 teams, and a bunch of weights over 6lbs. The fish are deffinettly bigger from my past expierance out there. I could have kept 3 limits of gills over 8in. day of tourney if we were keeping more than what we weigh. Had 4 or 5 gills at or over the 10in. mark over the 4 days of pre fishing and the tourney. A Bunch of 9s or better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts