Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The strange and extreamly hot summer has triggered something I havent seen in forever-a early season feeding frenzy..yes hardy damn is giving up walleyes way eariler than I normally find them..usuall late sept/early oct. This year were pounding them late july and the bite is on going..32 feet of water jigging with minnows and man the bite is on.
here is a few pic's from the last couple weeks.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Congrats on the success at Hardy. I fished it hard all weekend and got 1 barely 15. Fished from Hardy all the way to Rogers, every technique possible. The 1 I did get came on a Husky Jerk trolling. Caught some decent smallies in 26 FOW drifting with minnows. Would love to figure the place out like you have.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Hardy hardly has any eyes in it. U just have to put your time in, and avoid the power boats. Looks like it will be packed out there now though, oh well I have salmon to chase.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Attachments

·
Registered
790 Posts
Good job on the Walleyes ... Tough to beat a jig and minnow at times. I'm using the same presentation with success:) I've gotta learn how to post pics. Tight lines :cool:

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm planning a trip up soon. Any places to get live bait around hardy dam?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
hilltop= ripoff and crap minnows, parsleys has good minnows but are about twice as much as franks. Franks has eye minnows for 2doz for $6 I belive and perch for 3 doz for $2 and has the most liveliest bait around. Huge wigglers 100 for 7 I think which is all about half price than hillrip. I lived 5 mims from hiltop and drove by to get my bait at franks 10 miles away.

·
Registered
228 Posts
If you have the time, trap minnows either off the launch by Rogers Dam or under the expressway. Never tried trapping them by Hardy. I use an umbrella style net. If you don't have the time, I agree, Franks has great bait and great service.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Thanks for the Franks recommendation we stopped there on the way up Wednesday they were very nice and my wife loved the puppy that was there. I wish our trip on the river was as enjoyable but sadly it was not. 5 dinky perch between the 3 of us. I'll try again though because I did see a lot of big fish activity. Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
898 Posts
I fished it last night nada. Jig and minnow in 20-35 fow from big bend down to Wolverine point area. Caught a couple shorts right at dark casting. That place is killing me. 3 trips in 6 days with one 15 incher. I have a small fun campground walleye tourney on the 25th and would sure like to get 2-3 keepers in the boat.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I went there a couple evenings ago...Fished from 5:30 till dark. I was skunked. Fished with jig minnows and crawlers. The nats were hatching something terrible as well. Lots of top water activity.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Im going out tonight, i'll let u know if there still biting, I took me 6 years to figure out the fish out there and be able to consistanly catch keepers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had heard at least one CO goes up to anglers using minnows , demands the receipts for when they bought them , and tickets you if youj dont have it.
True ?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts