Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read articles on hard bead spoons being very good for perch, I've watched a youtube video seminar also on these spoons. Has anyone seen or done a video of people actually catching fish with them? I'm just currious how the whole pluck them out of the water, smack them on the ice and drop the spoon back down the hole actually works out for people. I'd like to see it in action so to speak. So anyone have a link or video I can check out, i'd appreciate it. my youtube and google searches have only found seminar on it.

·
Premium Member
29,844 Posts
Sometimes it works, sometimes they don't just pop off. Either way its quicker than having to bait, just drop it back down and jig. When they're in and feeding, you can load up on them in a hurry:) Lots of guys fish them up here on the bay first ice. A guy on the site..."walleyeatsag" makes some called "diamond willows". Really good ones, and caught lots of fish on them last year. Good luck.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I've tried and tried with hard beads and never had luck. I have done a lot better with a Jensen egg (I know Jensen doesn't make them I still call them that) and a spike or waxie

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
444 Posts
love the hard bead just was looking at the ones i have...i gotta get some more....they work great at simco or sag bay...LSC.. i also use them for crappy and do really well sometimes.....no bait....

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I would never leave home without them while on LSC hardwater.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I think the key with the hard beaded spoons is to have a quick hook-set. I haven't had the chance to fish them much last year. I hope to use them more this year.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
That's all I use for hardwater perch. At least for the last 30 some years. If they are finicky, they will be finicky with any other bait, but when the feed bag is on I will catch 3 to 1 compared to live bait, if not more. I love em, prolly got over 30 types of hard beaded spoons, and I buy more each year.:D

Sent from my DROID4 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
keep buying lures i will make new ones LOL between you the pike and walleye snapping lines with beaded spoons my hats off to all you :help:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts