Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could so please send me a PM. And let me know if there is enough is to get in and fish in the marina. It is a hour and a half drive for me and I don't want to waste my time if I cant get in there yet. Thanks any info would be helpful.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
U can not walk in from the lake safely yet if that's what ur asking. If u cross on land to get into the marina u are trespassing. Not saying that others don't do it, just keep that in mind.

Burgundy

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks that is what I was wondering if you can get in from the lake not the land. Would like to try Sunday.

·
Registered
631 Posts
getting in from the lake would be a No Go IMO. Just skim ice to about 2 inches of ice (if that) on the lake. We will have rain this weekend too. Next week is the deep freeze we have been waiting for. Maybe Sunday the 11th. Wouldn't try it on the 4th. Just my opinion. Be safe than sorry.

·
Outdoorblog.net Member
7,005 Posts
getting in from the lake would be a No Go IMO. Just skim ice to about 2 inches of ice (if that) on the lake. We will have rain this weekend too. Next week is the deep freeze we have been waiting for. Maybe Sunday the 11th. Wouldn't try it on the 4th. Just my opinion. Be safe than sorry.
I walked out from the Day Sail today.

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
Justin, how far out and what's your estimate on ice thickness at the Day Sail?

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
I'll be out there some where. Not quite sure where but I'll be out there Peter. ;)

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
Could so please send me a PM. And let me know if there is enough is to get in and fish in the marina. It is a hour and a half drive for me and I don't want to waste my time if I cant get in there yet. Thanks any info would be helpful.
If your in Flint I would consider driving an hour North to fish rather than an hour South.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts