Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ended with 5 walleye, 4 Lakers and a steelhead. Dipseys with the or16 clips have been the hot setup. 400 weighted steel took 2 Lakers and a walleye. Screwball has been the hot spoon. 100 to 130 fow View attachment 845465

Sent from my SM-A526U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Nice job on the fish. Im going there in morning. What setting you running them dipsies on if you dont mind answering? Running spoons clean or behind an attractor

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mag dipsey on 2 184 back was the magic number, out past 100 ft

Thanks for info. I was there 2 weeks ago and got 1 laker on a Halloween spoon in 90 ft off a rigger on bottom. I gotta try that dipsy trick. Do your releases have the pin in them? I ordered some with pins as my releases on my boards are getting wore out.

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks for info. I was there 2 weeks ago and got 1 laker on a Halloween spoon in 90 ft off a rigger on bottom. I gotta try that dipsy trick. Do your releases have the pin in them? I ordered some with pins as my releases on my boards are getting wore out.
Yes have to use the one with the pins a make 3 loops. YouTube has a good video on how to do it. Kinda difficult at first but gets easy after you've done it a few times

·
Registered
16,142 Posts
Yes have to use the one with the pins a make 3 loops. YouTube has a good video on how to do it. Kinda difficult at first but gets easy after you've done it a few times

Interesting. I use the s-clip so I was a little confused. Here's the method being used.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ended with 6 walleye and 3 Lakers. Lost a jumping steelhead right behind the boat. 7 color with a thin fin was best for walleye. Dipseys did well also. Same colors View attachment 845617

Ended with 6 walleye and 3 Lakers. Lost a jumping steelhead right behind the boat. 7 color with a thin fin was best for walleye. Dipseys did well also. Same colors View attachment 845617

Cloud Rectangle Sky Brickwork Brick

Thanks for the info. It was nice meeting you this morning. I ended up with 4 eyes, a laker, an atlantic and a coho.
Cloud Rectangle Sky Brickwork Brick

·
Registered
2,974 Posts

View attachment 845668

Thanks for the info. It was nice meeting you this morning. I ended up with 4 eyes, a laker, an atlantic and a coho. View attachment 845668
Nice mixed bag guys ,way to go.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
That’s what I do travel to lake O every free chance I get , 10 fish a outing is about the norm this year. It’s been great fishing but Michigan actually sounds better then last few years but still not good enough. I’ll drive the extra cpl hours
I'm going to get over there yet just to say I did it. I know guys that go there and they have had 50+ king bites in a trip. 40 fish days and stories of having to leave lines out of the water to drink a beer. Hooks on a hammer will catch and all that jazz. It would be cool to experience and I'll get there.
Until then, I'll just have to be content catching less, way better eating fish on Huron. I still have double digit days and even some 20+ mixed bag days. It ain't all kings, and I'm fine with that. We still catch more kings in Huron than a lot of guys I know that fish Michigan. I enjoy the challenge and it ain't hooks on a hammer, dum dum fishing, but it can be rewarding when you figure it out. I do think Huron is not at potential and the DNR is not doing as good a job on our cold water fishery as they could be. Lots of wasted potential and hopefully they figure it out.

·
Registered
220 Posts
That’s what I do travel to lake O every free chance I get , 10 fish a outing is about the norm this year. It’s been great fishing but Michigan actually sounds better then last few years but still not good enough. I’ll drive the extra cpl hours
Don’t want to take the tread to an out of state fishing direction. I fish LO tribs a fair bit. And yes the lake produces some world class opportunities. I don’t do the open water trolling thing..but I know a lot of folks that do. It can be well…amazing. I’ve been fortunate to be able fish through out the Great Lakes. It’s still a toss up for me…MI NW or Niagara. I could fish either with equal enthusiasm. LH has its times, but it could be and should be so much better. Specifically Southern LH. I’m sure many of you know…try vertical jigging the Niagara bar in late fall early winter, that’s an experience that won’t be soon forgotten.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts