Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out of Harbor Beach last night on a NNW troll. Set lines in 60' as we were marking lots of bait and a few larger marks. Didnt get a hit and turned out deeper. Took our first hit in 112' and landed my first ever steelhead 80' down on a orange ladderback glow spoon. Dipsy went next and we landed a fat laker, 180' back with magnum blue dolphin set on #2. Rigger went next only to come up empty, after inspecting the spoon I found a nice set of scales on the slider (bloody nose). While reseting that rigger the other rigger went off, fish on the slider (blue dolphin) with rigger set at 90' in 140'. It made a nice run and dove deep quicker than I could get the drag loosened up and we broke off. Lost one other laker right at the boat on a bue dolphin rigger. It floated on the surface for a minute then took off before we could turn around to get it. We did not mark a single thing past 80 fow, however all of our hits came in water 112' to 177'. :confused: Speed 2.3 - 2.7. It was a great afternoon and look forward to doing it again soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
thanks for the report, thinking of heading up on friday and fishing the weekend. Looks like it may blow out of ne though so it may be lumpy. Good job on the fish.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice catch. :fish:Everybody in the Harbor Beach area remember to turn in the heads of Steelhead with clipped adapose fin at Let's go Fishing or Offshore Marina. Addresses are on BIG YELLOW PLACARD in fish cleaning station. If you catch Brown Trout look around for the creel census people and get those FISH COUNTED to help restore future Brown Trout plantings .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts