Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished harbor beach today. It was a beautiful day to be on the water. Enough wind to keep the flies at bay. We went 10 for 15 with 1 steelhead and 9 lakers. Steelie came on a 1/2 core with a yeck fireball. One laker came on a 3 color also with a yeck fireball. The rest came on tin can dodgers and a mtn dew looking flasher with spin glows. Chrome/lime, chrome/orange and green spin glows. Wire divers back 160 and riggers within 10 feet of the bottom. Our best water was 90 to 110fow. Kids had a blast, it was our first time up there and they already want to go back. Thanks to laker taker for talking to us on the radio.

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Fished harbor beach today. It was a beautiful day to be on the water. Enough wind to keep the flies at bay. We went 10 for 15 with 1 steelhead and 9 lakers. Steelie came on a 1/2 core with a yeck fireball. One laker came on a 3 color also with a yeck fireball. The rest came on tin can dodgers and a mtn dew looking flasher with spin glows. Chrome/lime, chrome/orange and green spin glows. Wire divers back 160 and riggers within 10 feet of the bottom. Our best water was 90 to 110fow. Kids had a blast, it was our first time up there and they already want to go back. Thanks to laker taker for talking to us on the radio.
Glad to see you got into some fish. Im always Willing to help out a fellow fishermen. We ended up going 6 for 8 all trout.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great job, and nice size steelie. I hope it put on a good acrobatics show for the kids.
It was very acrocbatic indeed. In fact it was the oldest boys turn on the rod and when he saw it jump he decided that since his brother had never caught a steelhead that he should take it and handed the rod over to his brother.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
We got started July 4 appx 8:45am. We were 5-7. We picked up a healthy Steelhead on 180dipsy flasher meat combo. 2 other lakers came on same program. Our 10cores went as well. All high lines washed lures. 90-110fow 4 lakers 1 steel

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We got started July 4 appx 8:45am. We were 5-7. We picked up a healthy Steelhead on 180dipsy flasher meat combo. 2 other lakers came on same program. Our 10cores went as well. All high lines washed lures. 90-110fow 4 lakers 1 steel
Is there a place up there to buy meat strips? I stopped at the two tackle shops i was aware of. The first one didnt have any and the other one wasnt open.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
You can buy strips or whole fish at Anderson's Pro Bait in Port Huron. I do not think they open early enough to purchase the day of. I think they said it was mackerel, but I am not sure as I have not run meat before. 90 to 110 is a long way out for me, I probably will walleye fish for a while now.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Is there a place up there to buy meat strips? I stopped at the two tackle shops i was aware of. The first one didnt have any and the other one wasnt open.
I bought a bunch at Andersons back in spring. Not sure what direction your coming, but I would start at Andersons.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bought a bunch at Andersons back in spring. Not sure what direction your coming, but I would start at Andersons.
Lets Go Fishing had frozen whole bait the last time I was there 3 weeks ago. They are in Harbor Beach, Art is the owner and he is very knowledgeable about fishing in Harbor Beach

1 - 14 of 14 Posts