Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
In case My Net services freezes up in the cold north I would like to take this oppurtunity to wish the greatest bunch of people in the world along with their family and friends a

VERRRRRRY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND ALL THE BEST IN THE NEW YEAR. "REMEMBER THE WORSE CASE SCENERIO IS THAT WE LIVE HAPPLY EVER AFTER"

"MAY YOUR STAVES BECOME BOWS AND YOUR BROADHEADS STAY SHARP"

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING EVERYONE AGAIN AT THE RENDEZVOUS

GRANDPA WILLY

P.S. Just to keep the record strainght I consider myself a YUPPER unfortunately This make everyone else in Michigan yoou know what as I live above the bridge. LOL;)

· Registered
1,450 Posts
Happy Holidays to all of you as well.

I am really looking forward to next week as I bought a Lone Wolf Autumn Storm longbow for my daughter and it will be a surprise Christmas gift.

The last couple of years her and her husband have been dealing with infertility issues and this type of treatment is not covered by insurance so of course purchasing a custom made bow at this point in their lives would be out of the question. While my wife and I never spend this type of money on Christmas gifts, she is just a really special daughter and we have struggled each day with them through this.

I had the bowyer put the following verse on the bow: Jeremiah 29:11 – “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

This has always been my daughter’s favorite verse. I can’t wait for Christmas Eve. :D

Chuck

· Registered
1,892 Posts
Chuck, I envy you! I'm sure the look on her face will be priceless. I hope everything goes well for her and her husband and they will be in our thoughts. Elaine and I can sympathise. Happy holidays to all!:)

· Registered
420 Posts
Neat gift, Chuck. I buy all my grandchildren a bow when they are four years old, and we get started! We have five bows on the rack, two more to buy within the next few years, and a potential bow purchase int he 'hopper'--due to arrive with spring turkey season!

Jeremiah 29:11 is my wife's favorite verse. What a wonderful reminder to be on your daughter's bow.

Blessings for a wonderful holiday season, Arch.

· Registered
1,450 Posts
" ... and a potential bow purchase in the 'hopper' ..."

That was a good one. That's a great tradition Gary and one Gail and I hope to start as well. The best part about that verse is that we believe it.:)

BTW - here's a link to a picture of the bow. LOL - I hope she doesn't decide for some reason in the next couple of days to do a search for traditional archery sites. :p

http://community.webshots.com/scrip...ID=58735890&photoID=103469431&security=PTQzUL

· Registered
3,533 Posts
Ibow

Well the picture doesnt work but that a wonderful gift. My wife and I needed to make ajustments to get pregnant she had to quit her job and reduce her stress level. We were lucky thats all we needed to do. I feel for yourt daughter. Hope she soon can take her little one out and tell him or her about the great bow you got her for christmas.

· Registered
1,450 Posts
Hey - thanks there Brandon. Sorry the pict didn't work. I forgot how to post them here on this site. :confused:

My daughter and son in law have a German Shorthair pup that hasn't stopped running since it was 6 weeks old ... I think THAT is the source of their stress. :p

Thanks for the kind words. This will work out down the road. We have enough faith to believe it to be so.

Glad things worked out nicely for you and your wife.

Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Chuck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.