Registered
2,835 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
2 small bucks 20+ doe/fawns. Sitting over FP. Waiting for my chauffeur to come get me.

·
Premium Member
5,600 Posts
The 10 that walked by me as I was setting up just came back and I proceeded to send an arrow right over his shoulder blades. Happened quick and he was angling out into a cut corn field. Just misjudged it. I’m an idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Saw 4 bucks this morning and double lunged this guy at 23 yards. He ran twenty yards then stumbled backwards and ended up only about 8 yards from the shot. He’s an 8 if you include the one inch kicker off his base. Great morning in the woods. Congrats to all those that connected today!
View attachment 602509 View attachment 602507
Congrats! Nice one and good shooting too.

·
Registered
4,693 Posts

·
Registered
18,767 Posts
The 10 that walked by me as I was setting up just came back and I proceeded to send an arrow right over his shoulder blades. Happened quick and he was angling out into a cut corn field. Just misjudged it. I’m an idiot.

Bummer.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Your welcome !
Flight
I thought it might have been you, Thank You!

Had a hot doe come and spend the last hour of light around me, that young woman beating forky followed her in, and then mounted her at 20 yards. I have never witnessed that before, pretty cool.

She moved on as dark closed in, and he stood there like a statue afterwards for probably ten minutes. Think it was his first time lol.

See ya in the morning fellas.

Oh, almost forgot that I got a picture of him doing some chasing today while I ran back to the house mid-day.

PSX_20201113_183226.jpg

·
Registered
991 Posts
Friday the13th strikes the Huron Natl Forest. Hung my Hawk on a swamp edge yesterday afternoon. At 930 a wide 8 came by at 50 yds. I grunted and he stopped turned and took a few steps toward me. Just then CVS buzzed to let me know my daughter's script is ready. He turned and walked away. He'll be there tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts

I hadn't mentioned it because I was embarrassed, but after my morning sit today in which I got frustrated at sitting in the wrong stand and watching the chunky 8 from 125 yards away, I left the tree kind of early. Shortly after starting my hike out as stealthily as I could and being helped in that matter by the wet everything, I saw a decent 6 coming my way but with a hump, not really a hill, but a rise in the landscape blocking him from seeing me. At 35 I got him all aimed in and squeezed the trigger but the bow didn't fire. I STILL HAD THE SAFETY ON from when I climbed out of the stand. I frustradedly clicked the safety off and aimed again but the buck heard the click or saw the movement and so I rushed my shot and sailed it a couple of inches over him. It was after that (and not finding another expensive bolt) that I took out my fury on the goose. What a Friday the 13th!

Congrats to everybody that was more successful than me.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

261 - 281 of 319 Posts