Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Nice job, thanks for the report. I'm heading out in the morning. That was a good depth for us on wed as well.

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Went out this morning and picked up 15 in 15-16 fow, in just 4 hours! First time I ever had to release a few of the the lil' ones as we got to our two man limit. What a great day, home & cleaned up by noon. Firetiger took all the fish today.

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
did really well near metro beach about this time of year, back 20 years ago...any ideas (without giving out your spots) where I might find some eyes in the lake near the launch by Deckers or Brandenburg park ?...thanks in advance..

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
I prefer the Middle Channel, anywhere from Brown's on down to the lake. Depth & speed are the key factors, however, those change almost every week! 15-16fow is a pretty steady run near seawalls and the shoreline. Once I get on them, I go back right away until I have a couple dry runs...then move on. I haven't spent much time up by Deckers. This time last year I was hitting them in 18-19fow. I'm surprised that they are shallower right now, especially with the high heat and water temps. I thought they would be moving deeper. I guess there must be something going on down there with the flow or water column that keeps 'em hanging around, huh? Let me know if you are going to make the run.

·
Outdoorblog.net Member
7,012 Posts
did really well near metro beach about this time of year, back 20 years ago...any ideas (without giving out your spots) where I might find some eyes in the lake near the launch by Deckers or Brandenburg park ?...thanks in advance..
27 can has been good to me this year on eyes and perch

1 - 8 of 8 Posts