Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Weather has not cooperated this year for me to go out. That being said I fished for the first time Monday morning in the lower TC. I started at 6:45 and by 7:45 I was doing catch and release with all nice eaters.
Black/silver #7 worked early then I switched to orange fluorescent #7 and it was game on.
Thanks for your handlining reports , it’s my favorite way to catch these fish

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not sure what color bleeding hot olive is. Up until June it will be all Rapalas, 5,7,9 and 11’s. Black/silver, black/brown, orange and green fluorescent and blue. Haven’t had much success on the other newer colors. Maybe it’s because I don’t run them!!
June I switch to F-5 flatfish and crawler harnesses.
I would really like to do some nighttime fishing with pencil plugs this year. We used to do that 45 years ago and I need to try that again. Just waiting on the right condition’s I guess.
I talk to some old timers on the water and they are using spoons. Never tried that. Don’t know what it’s about.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Fished this morning 6-7:30. Same spot as last Monday morning. 5 good eaters and 1 throw back. Vampire 5, clown 9 and fluorescent orange 7. Broke bills on 2 lures and I broke the line on another snag. Looks like I will be going to the bait shop soon.
I will be at the same spot tomorrow morning at 6:30

·
Registered
32 Posts
I will gladly take your help to fix those lips went out this morning caught five by Horse Island Southwind blew me off fish north to the lower Trenton channel caught my 6th one off the river by 8

·
Registered
32 Posts
Oh Nice Jan 1st be my lastday of work I cant wait so ill be fishing fishing fishing LOL

I can fix them for you 3 apeice or can sell you lips for a dollar apeice I will most likely be in Trenton Friday and Saturday night..what sizes do you have i am running low on 9 and 11s
Oh Nice Jan 1st be my lastday of work I cant wait so ill be fishing fishing fishing LOL

I can fix them for you 3 apeice or can sell you lips for a dollar apeice I will most likely be in Trenton Friday and Saturday night..what sizes do you have i am running low on 9 and 11s
i would like you to fix them. I have 4-#11’s, 4-#9’s and 5-#7’s.
I’m out of town until Saturday evening(Grosse Ile) my name is Tim and my cell is (734) 368-2855
I’m trying to attach a picture but I’m not too good at it.
Thanks

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts