Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planting warm season prairie grasses like big and little bluestem and indian grass, has always been difficult. The seeds are fluffy and have beards, and they will "bunch up" in a conventional broadcaster. The native grass seeders, that you can rent are great, They have an agitator/auger, that keeps the seeds flowing through the tubes. but you have to wait your turn, then see if its available. I was excited to find that they make a hand held and a pull behing quad spreader for native grasses. The spreaders have a agitator/auger.

http://www.truaxcomp.com/seed-slinger.html

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, that price is high. I found the website but never did see the price. I figured it would be $150. It would be a good option for the soil conservation agencies. When the CREP program was going full speed, Saginaw county had one TRUAX drill to use. Then we had to work around the rainny weather. I had to take a day off work, then drive to the farmer that was using it before me. When he was finished, I hooked on and drove it to my place. Before I was finished the next guy, was at my place waiting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts