Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone share some info on Hamlin lake? I rented a place on the lake for a few days and pulling my boat over. I’d like to put the kids in some fish. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
288 Posts
Could anyone share some info on Hamlin lake? I rented a place on the lake for a few days and pulling my boat over. I’d like to put the kids in some fish. Thanks.

Stayed on the south end 3 weeks ago, right out front of us was a big stretch of submerged timber, we found weeds in the timber and the grandkids caught rockbass and small gills until the rain chased us off. That’s all I’ve got!

·
Registered
113 Posts

We were at Hamlin Lk. last week. Try trolling with crawler harnesses or Mepps spinners or any type of spinners. If there is a wind going you can also drift. I really only fished one day, but I caught a 13 " walleye, a 27" pike, several large rock bass, one big bluegill, and 3-4 sheepshead. I tried still fishing and bobbers but only caught small gills and perch. The sheepshead put up a good fight. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
I'll be heading up in August, but seen some BIG walleyes posted on the Hamlin Lake FB group a day or so ago.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I was in that area last week and seen very few fisherman. I was wondering how good, or not good it was. Beautiful lake though. HUGE size

1 - 5 of 5 Posts