Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the best place to park would be if someone wanted to fish the "narrows" between upper and lower Hamlin? I see there are some boat launches but they seem like they'd be a tad bit too far to walk from.

·
Premium Member
12,768 Posts
Does anyone know where the best place to park would be if someone wanted to fish the "narrows" between upper and lower Hamlin? I see there are some boat launches but they seem like they'd be a tad bit too far to walk from.
The way the ice has been this year be careful around the narrows or you may find your butt parked on the bottom. I don't know of any public parking close to the narrows.

·
Registered
760 Posts
There's a county park on upper Hamlin. Jebavy dr is the road. Closest you can get for going to the narrows. Need to watch the ice. Gets very sketchy out there
Seen guts put atv's and snowmobiles through when there's been 12+ inches else where.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I didn't realize the ice gets iffy in the narrows, but makes sense. Guess I'll have to hike it from upper Hamlin to catch walleye. Saved some spots to my gps

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hiking from Wilson park to the narrows will take a good part of the day or give you a heart attack dragging your stuff. I wouldn't suggest heading to the narrows until the ice is good and solid. Use a quad or snowmobile.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Most fisherman fishing Hamlin don't target walleye on upper Hamlin. Most are after the bluegill and pike. Occasionally, a walleye may be caught by accident on a bluegill rod or tipup. Fishing has been very slow lately except for the nuisance small perch. Walleyes can be a challenge to catch on Hamlin anytime of the year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts