Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow was fun was like sucker fishing in omer except we were ctaching carp. Everyone was ctaching them nonstop action Probly caught 20. and had atleast 40 or 50 on was a blast. JUst wish I would ahd the noddle rod woulda been even more fun. They are just stacked in the river.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could try but it wasrippin pretty good I was on shore with about 7 other guys and there was a boat that was fishing where we were . I wouldnt try with a boat yet just moving to fast still water did drop a decent amount from tuesday though. Boat control would be hard.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Went through Freeland last night and the tibby is till pretty high. Water is still moving pretty good. It has gone down some, but not alot. Still over the banks. The river (tibby) at the boat launch is half way up the parking lot still.

Just a heads up.

·
Registered
26 Posts
salmonboy86

Where were you fishing that you were catching carp on the saginaw river from shore? If you don't mind me asking. I had my sights set on steelhead fishing all weekend but all the rivers I fish are blown out, quick and high. Not worth risking but wouldn't mind fighting some fish. Were you worm dunkin? Minnows? Never fished for Carp before.

Any and all info is appreciated

You can email me a [email protected] if you would rather not post on the site

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They are stacked there I went again this afternoon and brought the noodle rod this time. Was great Didnt land as mnay with the noddle rod but had a ton on. Was using lead head and twister tail most arent hooked in the mouth u run into most of them. Just bring extra tackle cus there are a decent amoun tof snags.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts