Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys/gals,

I hoping to create a new thread here that would be helpful to a lot of us.

Please list any gunsmith that you have used/recommend and the approximate location (ie.. SW Mich, Marqette, Lansing, Grand Rapids)

Thanks, I hope this takes off!!

Bob

·
Premium Member
9,455 Posts
I've used the guy at shooters service a couple times. Before that a place on Pontiac trail that was good. Had an Irish name but I can't recall it.

Good luck

·
Registered
372 Posts
McDaniels is the shop on Pontiac Trail in South Lyon. I think they are still there. Had a few things done there years ago and they did real nice work.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
I've used Dan Easterling out of St Clair for many years. He's old school and has done everything from replacing firing pins to rifle barrel swaps.
AAA in my book

Got Sig?

·
Registered
35,199 Posts
Whitetail hunters in shotgun zone have an option to take a longer shot when carrying one of these rifles. I built 3-460 S&Ws from H&R single shot shotguns.(20ga & 16ga) Using Green Mountain barrels 20"x1" 1&16 twist I carried one this season with great success at long shots. Also, if you have a standard short action bolt (308,243,22-250' 300 sav. ec.) you can have it rebarreled to the 45-raptor the cartrages are the same eccept one is rimed one is not. If you have an H&R or NE single shot that has the push down barrel relese it qualifies for conversion. Give me a PM if any questions.

Do you have any pictures of 100 & 200 yard groups?

·
Registered
35,199 Posts
For smokeless muzzleloader conversions you won't find a better ignition system than the one offer by Hankins Custom Rifles. I had my Encore Bullberry 45-70 barrel converted to a smokeless muzzleloader. It will shoot 40 caliber sabot loads, .451 sabotless or .458 full formed bullets. If you have deep pockets his custom smokeless rifle is the best on the market.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts