Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,269 Posts
How does the Birch Run gun show deal with CPL holders?

I was at a gun show a month or so ago, in Kalamazoo and they had a sign at the entrance saying "No Loaded firearms" or something like that. Then as I was paying the uniformed officer at the door asked if I was carrying any firearms. I wasn't carrying any and never thought much about the sign or him asking since it happens at every gun show I go to.

It wasn't until yesterday that the irony in it all struck me. (yes I am very slow) We've all read about the CEZs and have seen many calls to boycott these establishments by the gun crowd, yet they are supporting an event which by thier own definition is a CEZ. On the surface it seems very ironic, but hopefully I am missing an important item or something that would allow it to make more sense. I'm not complaining or anything but it just seems a little ironic.

· Banned
3,817 Posts
Somewhat ironic. The great benefiters of 2A dont support. It usually comes over as an 'insurance' issue.

I do recgonize there are a lot of fools will walk up to a table and draw-waving the gun all over-and ask "you got a holster for this?" That is part of the 'insurance' issue.

· Registered
3,269 Posts
Rootsy said:
not to mention most of the gun shows are held in entertainment facilities (sports arenas, gymnasiums, etc), places that ca hold 2500 or more folk or sometimes college campus' which are "Gun Free Zones" for CPL holders.... :dizzy:
Acutally most of the locations listed on the migunshows website are fairground buildings and expo centers which I wasn't considering as entertainment facilities. I guess I can see where they could be considered that. OK no more irony I guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.