Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On opening day I was getting ready at my truck and at 6:30 am I heard 2 shots, :mad: what a pin head!!!!

Anyone else hear any illegal shots??!!!

------------------
God Bless and may your aim be true

·
Registered
386 Posts
I usually do, but this year I was in the UP at camp and didnt hear any shots until around 7:45 or so.
I know what it is like hunting in Allegan though. This past saturday I hunted there and it was like opening day all over again.
I dont understand why some people cant be more responsible and wait for good light to start shooting.

------------------
Mike

·
Banned
694 Posts
I hear em all the time. Not so bad now, but the first few days of gun opener, I was hearing about 3 shots per night, anywhere from just after dark to about 9:00PM.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It always amazes me how many shots I hear before and after the legal shooting hours . Especially opening morning . Someone always has to be the first to crank off a round before anybody else . And then on the evening hunts sometimes it is pitch black out . As i am loading my gear into my truck. Sure makes a fella wonder ?

------------------
In the wind he's still alive!! Fred Bear

·
Administrator
36,077 Posts
That's nothing. I heard shots in WATERFORD TOWNSHIP Sat morning well before dawn. This is an area closed to firearm hunting.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
We heard one shot opening morning at about 6:50.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I was out Saturday morning and heard a shot at 6:45 am. I know when there is snow on the ground that you can see a lot better but come on and pay attention to the legal times.

G

·
Well some of the early shooting is seeing deer in open fields and others violating but some cannot tell time. The late shooting is probably someone shooting at the white tails they see, still against the law.

·
Registered
179 Posts
OPENING MORNING I WAS JUST WALKING OUT OF THE HOUSE AND AT 6:15 AM I HEARD TWO SHOTS.
I WENT BACK IN AND GRABBED A BIGGER FLASHLIGHT TO BE SURE THEY WOULD KNOW I WASN'T A DEER.

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
They probably have there doe license and think "hey no1 is arond...Y dont i fill my tag...I was hearing shots the saturday after opening day around 7:45...What jerks

------------------
Stelmon, the only one.
Keep those bullets flying and reels screamen

·
Registered
91 Posts
I hear them all the time in the early morning and late evening. I could find my hunting spot in the pitch dark blind folded. But I don't take the chance, the flashlight is on till I am seated.
I remember a few years ago hunting opening day in Hillsdale and as I was walking out to my stand in the morning I heard one gun shot about 6:15, then about 6:45 I heard the sirens. Later I found out that it was the first casualty of the gun season.
This year opening day morning I was sitting for only ten minutes and I heard a deer continuously whuffing and it was coming closer then I heard what was making this deer whuff it was a buck grunting chasing her around the woods. End result, I had four silhouetees trot by at 30 yards, the last deer to past I could definetly see horns and he was not the one doing the grunting. The whole time I can honestly say that my gun laid in my lap. No second thoughts went through my head on pulling my gun up on these deer because I knew, one it was not legal shooting time and most of all if I am not sure of the placement of my shot I don't shot.
Well patience paid off at 1pm I had a nice eight point come in down wind of me (go figure)at 40 yards. A well placed shot resulted in vension in the freezer.
If I can take a second to thank all you hunters that can't sit still and need to go in for lunch. You've helped me fill my freezer many of times and I am sure a few others.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts