Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a gun shop, driving distance from Coldwater that will let you rent handguns? I just want to shoot them before I buy them! Thanks for your replies!

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
what kind do you want to shoot. i have 2 glocks a 22 and a 27 plus a bersa thunder 380 i'm always up to go shooting

·
Registered
204 Posts
Freedom firearms in battle creek rents guns. I believe its $10 for half an hour plus range time. But don't hold me on the price call first. The people their are always willing to help, and find the right gun for you.

go fish

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Battle Creek is do-able. I'm interested in the S&W Shield but would like to shoot it or a S&W with a similar action. I bought a Ruger lc9 a few months ago and I hate the trigger pull, so I don't want to make that mistake again!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Thanks, Battle Creek is do-able. I'm interested in the S&W Shield but would like to shoot it or a S&W with a similar action. I bought a Ruger lc9 a few months ago and I hate the trigger pull, so I don't want to make that mistake again!
How many rounds have you put through it? I heard reviews that it loosens up after a while. I'm also looking at getting 1.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
I bought a Ruger lc9 a few months ago and I hate the trigger pull, so I don't want to make that mistake again!
In all seriousness, I've heard it called "the Ruger trigger job" where you sit down and dry fire the trigger about 5-10k times while watching a movie or football game.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't heard of that. What I don't like is how long the trigger pull is and how it finally breaks. But I will give this a try.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
I haven't heard of that. What I don't like is how long the trigger pull is and how it finally breaks. But I will give this a try.
Google it first to see what other guys have done and recommend. I have heard that repeated dry firing like that does wonders for the triggers in Redhawks and Blackhawks, not sure about their semi autos though. Might be a good idea to put a snap cap in the chamber or punch the primer out of an empty case and insert a chunk of pencil eraser into the pocket to soften the blow of the firing pin.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
29 Posts
Silver Bullet in Wyoming Mi has rentals. You can shoot any gun, 10 rounds for ten buck. Or you can get several guns of the same caliber and a box of ammo. All on there indoor range.

Great place to test drive a gun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts