Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 133 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,973 Posts
Won't be long where a rifle with scope is a sniper rifle. The media is using it freely just like the mandate came down to use the new label recently.
My Winchester M1D Garand was the sniper rifle of the 40s. Even with iron sights they're awesome shooting rifles still to this day.

I guess they'll ban clips for those rifles?

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
I and most shooters I know dont want any part of proposed
HR 127, HR 167, and HR 125.. Dont say look reasonable
No reason to register guns--we have that here in MI now for over 100 yrs.. What has it accomplished but make a list for confiscation.. The other two are just as bad..

....shall not be infringed. Better get your dictionary and see what that means.
Sooooo.... if we've had it for 100 years and no confiscation has occurred, perhaps there's some paranoia working here?

You gun nuts are f-ing hilarious. Afraid of EVERYTHING. Guns aren't going anywhere. Guns should all be registered. Background checks should be without loopholes. All of this is empirically true and any stupid argument about mental health care or whatever is pointless until mass murderers start going into schools, malls, Walmart, etc with sharp sticks and having the same effect as the AR wielding d-bags - all using weapons purchased legally at some point.

Nobody gives a crap unless it happens to him in this ridiculous community. If it were your child dead on the floor of his 2nd grade classroom you'd have a different perspective. Who gives af about an extra hoop to jump through for the 99.9% of us gun owners that want to use it legally? Crybabies, that's who.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
18,242 Posts
Sooooo.... if we've had it for 100 years and no confiscation has occurred, perhaps there's some paranoia working here?

You gun nuts are f-ing hilarious. Afraid of EVERYTHING. Guns aren't going anywhere. Guns should all be registered. Background checks should be without loopholes. All of this is empirically true and any stupid argument about mental health care or whatever is pointless until mass murderers start going into schools, malls, Walmart, etc with sharp sticks and having the same effect as the AR wielding d-bags - all using weapons purchased legally at some point.

Nobody gives a crap unless it happens to him in this ridiculous community. If it were your child dead on the floor of his 2nd grade classroom you'd have a different perspective. Who gives af about an extra hoop to jump through for the 99.9% of us gun owners that want to use it legally? Crybabies, that's who.

What extra hoop would have prevented the last incident of a second grader on the floor?

You mention legally purchased weapons ... Do you acknowledge anyone can lie as hoops are being jumped through?
Or steal a gun?
(See L.A..UNDER FIRE: GUNS IN LOS ANGELES COUNTY : Proliferation of Guns May Be Bloody Legacy of Riots : Violence: Thousands of weapons were stolen as stores were systematically looted. Also, merchants and residents are arming themselves for protection. - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com) ).
Were criminals poised to steal before the rioting and using rioting as a diversion?? Not that it matters after the fact.
If it was your gun stolen , it's traced back to you. Be sure you report it immediately In a time frame before it gets used. How soon is that?
Otherwise , the finger points where it will. Deny till you can prove yourself innocent.
Those knowing it's your gun might be less enthused about proving your innocence.
They got the gun. And it's owner. Motive? No problem.

Were guns confiscated during Katrina? Yes , they were. So much for it never happening in a hundred years. And did those citizens have a right to be able to defend themselves during a hurricane or not?
Who decided they would be subject to confiscation? You , me, the government, voters,a judge even?
[Amid the numerous murky and extrajudicial marching orders announced in often-confusing language by both local and state officials, on September 8th Police Superintendent Eddie Compass declared that:

“No one will be able to be armed… Guns will be taken. Only law enforcement will be allowed to have guns” during the looming forced evictions about to unfold throughout New Orleans.]

When (if) did citizens who had guns confiscated get them returned? Did it require lawsuits?
Bear in mind , there were also folks who lacked documentation proving they owned a gun.
A receipt? After a hurricane and flooding , Sure hang on I'll dive into the house remains and look for it...
Ans lest you think the Mayor was interested in citizens getting thier guns back , you might want to study the mayor and his association with Bloomberg...
As well as others of the same ilk.
[City authorities were selective with their order, discriminating against the most vulnerable. The Times noted that the city’s order “apparently does not apply to the hundreds of security guards whom businesses and some wealthy individuals have hired to protect their property… Mr. Compass said that he was aware of the private guards but that the police had no plans to make them give up their weapons.” In 2005 Ray Nagin served as the mayor of New Orleans. Nagin would go on to become a member of Michael Bloomberg’s Mayor’s Against Illegal Guns, and later federal inmate No. 32751-034, following 2014 convictions for fraud and bribery.

In the years that followed, New Orleans officials were unrepentant. In a 2006 interview with local radio station WWL, New Orleans Superintendent Warren Riley said, “During a circumstance like that, we cannot allow people to walk the street carrying guns…as law enforcement officers we will confiscate the weapon if a person is walking down the street and they may be arrested.”]

·
Premium Member
5,663 Posts
Not because your leftie gun-grabbing heroes don't want to :

(CNN) —
Former Rep. Beto O’Rourke of Texas has made his position on assault weapons crystal clear. “Hell, yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, your AK-47 "...To accomplish this, O’Rourke has proposed a mandatory confiscation of these guns ...

To accomplish this, O’Rourke has proposed a mandatory confiscation of these guns whereby individuals would be compensated for their firearms. "

At this point in our country's history it's not what anti-gun fascist lefties and their internet apologists and excusers have accomplished but rather what they're looking forward to.

9mm Hi-Power

·
Registered
2,397 Posts

(CNN) —
Former Rep. Beto O’Rourke of Texas has made his position on assault weapons crystal clear. “Hell, yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, your AK-47 "...To accomplish this, O’Rourke has proposed a mandatory confiscation of these guns ...

To accomplish this, O’Rourke has proposed a mandatory confiscation of these guns whereby individuals would be compensated for their firearms. "

At this point in our country's history it's not what anti-gun fascist lefties and their internet apologists and excusers have accomplished but rather what they're looking forward to.

9mm Hi-Power
My heroes?

I'm so shocked to see a thread as divisive as gun control immediately bring out the slurs and assumptions. I am pretty sure that I'm up to, what, 6 guns now. My woman has more.

Assume makes an ass out of u and me.

·
Premium Member
5,663 Posts
My heroes?

I'm so shocked to see a thread as divisive as gun control immediately bring out the slurs and assumptions. I am pretty sure that I'm up to, what, 6 guns now. My woman has more.

But you use the terms "paranoia" and "gun nuts" and "cry babies" and then you fuss about "slurs" ????? You write that "...all guns should be registered." So as responsible citizens you and your "woman" would gladly take all your firearms down to the police station and register them ? You would be comfortable doing this ? And by doing this you would hope to accomplish just what ? Seriously - just what ?

9mm Hi-Power

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
But you use the terms "paranoia" and "gun nuts" and "cry babies" and then you fuss about "slurs" ????? You write that "...all guns should be registered." So as responsible citizens you and your "woman" would gladly take all your firearms down to the police station and register them ? You would be comfortable doing this ? And by doing this you would hope to accomplish just what ? Seriously - just what ?

9mm Hi-Power
What on earth would I possibly fear about registering my guns?

We've purchased them all from gun shops anyways. They are registered, in a manner of speaking.

This is the absurdity of the argument. The people with the firepower are so terrified about losing the firepower that they spend more on firepower. In the meantime, no major politician in our country has tried to come and take away home defense or hunting guns from any of us. They never will.

Assault weapons (please refrain from the name game, you know to what I refer) are a different and therefore debatable story. There's an obvious difference between a musket and an AR style gun. One is built for the military to be able to kill lots of humans quickly. Period. Also, and I've said this a hundred times on here, WE OWN AN AK AND AN AR and I'm in the market for a nice SKS. Yes, we should be on some kind of advanced registry and background check just like we are for our CPLs. I'd be happy to do so because I have nothing to fear.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts

9mm Hi-Power
Also, super weird that you wrote "woman" in quotes. Lmao. .

Fiancé is a weird word that makes me sound younger than I am. That is all.

·
Registered
426 Posts

We've purchased them all from gun shops anyways. They are registered, in a manner of speaking.

This is the absurdity of the argument. The people with the firepower are so terrified about losing the firepower that they spend more on firepower. In the meantime, no major politician in our country has tried to come and take away home defense or hunting guns from any of us. They never will.

Assault weapons (please refrain from the name game, you know to what I refer) are a different and therefore debatable story. There's an obvious difference between a musket and an AR style gun. One is built for the military to be able to kill lots of humans quickly. Period. Also, and I've said this a hundred times on here, WE OWN AN AK AND AN AR and I'm in the market for a nice SKS. Yes, we should be on some kind of advanced registry and background check just like we are for our CPLs. I'd be happy to do so because I have nothing to fear.

Never ever ever ever ever give more rights away to the government. Do you understand this you never give away more freedoms because they like to take a little away at a time claiming for your safety so you don't notice. Let me explain again you never give away your rights I could care less if my neighbor wants a 100 AR15s I worry less about my neighbor than what some idiot in Washington is going to try to take from me.

·
Premium Member
5,663 Posts
I didn't ask what you have to fear but what you think or hope will be accomplished by registering your guns and whether or not you would be OK hauling all your firearms down to the local police station or wherever to register them. Neat how you dodged a question by asking a question - which of course you're under no obligation to answer.

Unless they're handguns, they're not registered.

Also, super weird that you wrote "woman" in quotes. Lmao .
I put "woman" in quotes because you referred to her as "...my woman...".

9mm Hi-Power

Reactions: shooter and Waif

·
Registered
1,185 Posts

There are “citizens “ and there are “subjects” easy to see which one you are happy being!
Did it ever occur to you that maybe the guns weren’t confiscated because of people’s “parinoia?”

·
Premium Member
10,594 Posts

Macs, get your nose out of the books and academia and apply some common sense. If you could assure with 100% certainty that registration and sensible background checks were the end of the road for the left, then I would get on board with your assessment. But that is not the goal of the left. They want only the elite to have access. That's why that seek to incrementally introduce legislation that slowly prices the common man out of the game, and continues to add more and more variety of arms to the "assault" category.

You will not keep guns from the criminals with laws. Unless those laws eliminate guns from the grasp of the general public. All guns. Period.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Macs, get your nose out of the books and academia and apply some common sense. If you could assure with 100% certainty that registration and sensible background checks were the end of the road for the left, then I would get on board with your assessment. But that is not the goal of the left. They want only the elite to have access. That's why that seek to incrementally introduce legislation that slowly prices the common man out of the game, and continues to add more and more variety of arms to the "assault" category.

You will not keep guns from the criminals with laws. Unless those laws eliminate guns from the grasp of the general public. All guns. Period.

I think you are confusing "liberals" with the "left". Most liberals I know are either neutral on the subject or in favor of more gun control measures.
Leftists I've spoken to or read tend to have a much more pro-gun mindset.
IMO if we want to have reasonable gun laws, the industry and general discussion on guns needs to do a better job of embracing diversity and inclusion of otherwise ostracized groups.

I'm also going to admit that I initially came into this thread with a really bad take.

·
Premium Member
10,594 Posts
What extra hoop would have prevented the last incident of a second grader on the floor?

You mention legally purchased weapons ... Do you acknowledge anyone can lie as hoops are being jumped through?
Or steal a gun?.....................
In 2005 Ray Nagin served as the mayor of New Orleans. Nagin would go on to become a member of Michael Bloomberg’s Mayor’s Against Illegal Guns, and later federal inmate No. 32751-034, following 2014 convictions for fraud and bribery.

In the years that followed, New Orleans officials were unrepentant. In a 2006 interview with local radio station WWL, New Orleans Superintendent Warren Riley said, “During a circumstance like that, we cannot allow people to walk the street carrying guns…as law enforcement officers we will confiscate the weapon if a person is walking down the street and they may be arrested.”]
Great post, Waif.

(CNN) —

9mm Hi-Power
Not bad either, 9. Beto is a flaming example of an anti-gun nut case. And wasn't there a time that he was being considered for a position titled, "Gun Czar"? How crazy and scary is that?

Your association / support of a certain group accomplishes the feat you mention above all by itself. The hypocrisy drips; hell, it pours. I think we all know that you took some political science classes in college...maybe you're even a poly sci major. And you think this makes you're more intelligent than the rest of us. Too bad you're not a little better connected. Maybe you could be an elected part of that group and their goal to eliminate exceptionalism.

·
Premium Member
10,594 Posts
I think you are confusing "liberals" with the "left". Most liberals I know are either neutral on the subject or in favor of more gun control measures.
Leftists I've spoken to or read tend to have a much more pro-gun mindset.
IMO if we want to have reasonable gun laws, the industry and general discussion on guns needs to do a better job of embracing diversity and inclusion of otherwise ostracized groups.

I'm also going to admit that I initially came into this thread with a really bad take.
I admit that I sometimes use the terms interchangeably. There are some differences. My bad.

·
Registered
87 Posts
No problem. I think if more liberals knew the historically racist reasons behind some of the gun control measures we already have in place it might get them started on the right path towards dropping gun control as a "fix" for all of the nations violence problems.

81 - 100 of 133 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.