Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I just payed double for two boxes of .450 Hornady then when I bought the rife new. Desperately need them for the new scope, oh well, supply and demand. :yikes:

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I'm seeing 20rnds of .30-06 for $45-60 box... ouch. Anyone know what the price per round was previously? $2.50-3.00/rnd seems excessively high?

·
Registered
6,135 Posts
I'm seeing 20rnds of .30-06 for $45-60 box... ouch. Anyone know what the price per round was previously? $2.50-3.00/rnd seems excessively high?
In 2010 I paid $19.99 for a box of 180 grain corelocks. I remember thinking at the time it was stupid expensive.

20210114_090725.jpg

·
Registered
359 Posts
You think that's crazy, I stocked up on .50ae rounds a year ago. Just for fun I checked ammoseek recently.
$5 a round new factory ammo/ $2.40 for factory reloads.
Prices are stoopid right now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
426 Posts
You think that's crazy, I stocked up on .50ae rounds a year ago. Just for fun I checked ammoseek recently.
$5 a round new factory ammo/ $2.40 for factory reloads.
Prices are stoopid right now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
30/30 ammo costs more than .338wm. I can buy .338WM or 9.3x62 ammo for less than the popular cartridges. Looks like the big bruisers are less in demand.

·
Registered
783 Posts
gotta check the search sites daily if you can. yesterday no .38 special for less than $4 rnd (HP) stuff. Today can get fmj for less than a buck. I watch it every day for months and seems the supply of .22 is up but prices still high.

Reactions: jlmerlav

·
Registered
35,249 Posts
Started prepping 250 pieces of 450 BM that I received this afternoon. Inspected and flash hole prepped so a few steps left to go. No hurry since my rifle build is on hold due to lost barrel shipment.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Midway USA has Federal Power shock ammo in both 30/06 and .270 for $26.99
Honestly don’t advertise. It just goes quicker that way.

Sent from d_mobile

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Just bought a case (250 shells) of 12 ga. Federal shells at Dunhams for $79.99 if anyone is interested. 2 3/4, 7.5 shot; I bought for some clay shooting. They also had 8 shot 20 ga. shells for $7.99 and $9.99 a box. They seemed to have quite a bit of 7.62 there, too, but dont remember the price.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Honestly don’t advertise. It just goes quicker that way.

Sent from d_mobile
Already sold out Midway has a notify me button you can click so they probably emailed their customers that ammo was in stock and got wiped out from them quickly.

I don't need any of it just giving a chance to people that may not know it.

·
Registered
35,249 Posts
Already sold out Midway has a notify me button you can click so they probably emailed their customers that ammo was in stock and got wiped out from them quickly.

Great option for those that act quickly. I was able to order 450 Bushmaster dies within minutes of receiving the notification. They have already been received and cleaned.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #74

I'm subscribed to several brands already just didn't get that one.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Just bought a case (250 shells) of 12 ga. Federal shells at Dunhams for $79.99 if anyone is interested. 2 3/4, 7.5 shot; I bought for some clay shooting. They also had 8 shot 20 ga. shells for $7.99 and $9.99 a box. They seemed to have quite a bit of 7.62 there, too, but dont remember the price.
The ONLY thing available at retailers is scattergun ammo. Everything else on shelves is either 1) cleaned out, 2) stoopidly priced, or 3) esoteric calibers which nobody wants (cuz those shooters are handloading). My suspicion is every retailer's minimum wage workers are getting paid under-the-table by customers offering a bounty if they're notified when ammo is delivered but not-yet shelved.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
The ONLY thing available at retailers is scattergun ammo. Everything else on shelves is either 1) cleaned out, 2) stoopidly priced, or 3) esoteric calibers which nobody wants (cuz those shooters are handloading). My suspicion is every retailer's minimum wage workers are getting paid under-the-table by customers offering a bounty if they're notified when ammo is delivered but not-yet shelved.
I'm not so sure shotgun amo is that available. The Dunhams I was at up north didnt have any. The two websites i went to both said they were "out".

·
Registered
35,249 Posts
I'm not so sure shotgun amo is that available. The Dunhams I was at up north didnt have any. The two websites i went to both said they were "out".
Walmart in Cheboygan had shotgun shells yesterday afternoon but that was it.

Reactions: sgc

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Everywhere I have been to seems to be flush with 12 gauge target loads. I also saw a fair amount of turkey loads on the shelves as well. Fortunately for me I have several hundred rounds of target loads because I bought a couple boxes of 500 shells for 50 bucks apiece a few years ago and at the rate I’m going through them I’ll probably have them the rest of my life.

Sent from d_mobile

61 - 80 of 105 Posts