Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have read some on people using gulp worms- Is this with a night crawler harness? Just curious if anyone has had success with walleyes using gulp worms on a bottom bouncer and nightcrawler harness?

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Thats what every one is talking about when they say there useing Gulp worms pulling bottom bouncers with crawler harnesses.. A real worm has not set foot on my boat in 2 1/2 years..Cya Slick

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,424 Posts
How fast do you generally pull those ?
We've been having problems with the junker-fish running around 1.1-1.3MPH....
What's been the best for you at this time of year???
I know some guys really haul [email protected] with their baits - but I think that calls the sLiMeRs in.

RAS

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Hey Slick, Where do you buy your metallic beads? Do they hold up to wear and tear?
I made several of my harnesses with the gold blade, but I used SILVER coated plastic beads. On almost every trip they have out-produced EVERYTHING else but the silver on the beads wears off after only a few hours of fishing. :rolleyes: The beads are made by Reilly, 6mm...from Lakeside...
Thanks in advance...
Laura

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
sfw1960 said:
How fast do you generally pull those ?
We've been having problems with the junker-fish running around 1.1-1.3MPH....
What's been the best for you at this time of year???
I know some guys really haul [email protected] with their baits - but I think that calls the sLiMeRs in.

RAS

Here there buddy in a lake situation I run 1.5mph but that dont mean you wont pick up junk fish that your not targeting, I think Gulp and speed is a big factor in not catching junk fish but I still do from time to time but not often.. In the river I am running a little slower this year 2.1mph compared to 2.3 from years past but that river fishing not the lake..

I fished lake Saint Clair for walleye on the muskie opener and I tell you what all these guys running any bouncer less then 3 oz I think is crazy because if you look how far back them bouncers are you have to think how the angle of that bouncer is running on the bottom and how far off the bottom that harness really is, sure them guys running them lite bouncers will catch fish but I think a heavyer bouncer is in order at least thats how I feel..

Hey Laura I buy all my harness componets from Stamina and they hold up well and they have every thing you need http://www.upnorthoutdoors.com/stamina/ Cya Slick

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Thanks Slick!
Nice site for my harness needs!!!!
I will be putting my order in tomorrow!!!
L

1 - 8 of 8 Posts