Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Can't believe a deer could grow antlers like that in just 2.5 years unless it was a in a fence. 4.5 years.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Can't believe a deer could grow antlers like that in just 2.5 years unless it was a in a fence. 4.5 years.
From an article about Don Higgins 200+ incher..

"Higgins first spotted the deer on his farm when it was just a good, healthy yearling. But the following year, the buck had jumped in antler size with an estimated 160-inch rack. It was the biggest 2.5-year old buck Higgins had ever seen. That’s when he nick-named the deer Mel, for its incredible potential."

I can't find the article but I remember reading that the Iowa non typical record was CA aged at 3.5 years old. Genetic freaks do exist out there...

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I all the need for age.Pretty simple if you are going to be happy with it shoot it.If not than simple don’t shoot
Its just for fun and to have a little better understanding of the age structure. I also thought the body size was a little bit of an anomaly compared to rack size. The original post stated that it would be dead if it steps out while hunting. I also said in the original that the age/score thing bothers some people. If your bothered no need to post.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I would guess 3.5 around 140"s Although my gut tells me he's 2.5. If he is 2.5 just imagine what he'd look like at 5.5!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
3.5 yr old
142- 2/8"
Those are just guesses and I am not a professional. His tine length is impressive, lack of a g-4 on the right is the only thing he hasn't got going for him as far as scoring well goes. Damn fine young buck.
Now quit telling people that there's good deer in Jackson Double a!

·
Registered
19,876 Posts
3.5 yr old
142- 2/8"
Those are just guesses and I am not a professional. His tine length is impressive, lack of a g-4 on the right is the only thing he hasn't got going for him as far as scoring well goes. Damn fine young buck.
Hey ol buddy ol pal...
We need a place to park a couple busses of hunters in Jackson this weekend . Can you help?
:D

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
3.5 yr old
142- 2/8"
Down to the eighth! Like it. Can't tell people what they already know

1 - 20 of 28 Posts