Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 8 month old gsp out pheasant hunting on a farm today. The light turned on for her today and it was the most amazing thing to watch. This is my first gsp(still having a lab that is done hunting) and watching her today lock-up on a couple of hens and a rooster was fricking great. She has hunted already quite a few times this year and has done alright but you could just tell that it clicked for her today. Retreiving downed birds and just wanting to please. I dont post often at all but just wanted to share this with other people who love good dogs and bird hunting. Thanks for the time.:D:D:D

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Great news. Just remember young dogs have those teenage days coming too. Wont do anything right. Almost do things wrong to spite you.
Just dont loose your temper and reward positive behavior and Never HIT the dog.
Gotta love those shorthairs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im all to familiar with the teenage years though I think the teenage years for my shorthair are going to be a little different than the labs.
Thanks for the reply.

Scott

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Seeing that light bulb click is an awesome thing. ;)

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Yea be forwarned that your GSP will soon eat that lightbulb and for a good bit only allow it to flicker, ahahahah. Oh yea and it will steal the guy next doors bulbs if you give it a chance. GSP's are goofey rascals for sure!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well we have already had the shoes come up missing, diapers for the baby shredded, the 7 year olds stuffed animals retreived again and again and again, the neighbors mini dachsund trampled over in a playful moment, etc...etc...etc... but its all worth it watching her do what she is supposed to do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts