Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
268 Posts
My goodness, that's embarrassing. Why on earth would you show something like that?

First of all, those were dizzied quail and not wild grouse and woodcock. The pointers never hunted in the thick cover and the setters barked incessantly while on point. The setters were covered in burrs and the pointers weren't friendly at all.

But most of all, those suckers ran way too big for a foot hunter. The ones I saw were at least 650 yards out there. They looked un controllable and hard headed to me. Those might be fine hunting by a Jeep in Texas, but they'll never make a grouse dog.

Ps....any of um for sale?

·
Registered
841 Posts
I claim the white dog with the broken tail! ;) Ill even claim him in that other video that isn't on your youtube but can be seen on facebook (and I have seen it a lot). Proud of that guy. Seems to have changed for the better within days. Thanks to a great trainer.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Great dog work! Sure is nice seeing em do what they are meant to. Thanks for letting us watch in.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Bruce,

Were all of those videos shoot this year. If so, your fern cover over there looks better than ours on the east side. Most of the fern cover over here is just above my knees.

Anyway, good stuff and thank you for posting.

Brian.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Nice job Bruce and pups. Lots of hard work proven there.:coolgleam FRANK

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone.

Terry Jennie is still using the point and shoot camera. The GoPro films are are coming soon.

I have started to break out our derbies. I will be showing a sequence of videos showing the progress of one of the dogs. I will be using a dog called Buck. Buck came to us this spring and has had a good start as a puppy running in the woods and had enough wild and liberated bird work to get started with him this summer. It will be fun to show you his progression along the way.

Bruce

1 - 13 of 13 Posts